Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spatial Tear Trait
I believe a trait that would allow you to simply walk through a spatial tear would be good. Spatial tears are rare and can be passed through using various methods such as teleportation and disposal chutes so the usefulness of this trait may be circumstantial. As such I believe it would be a -1 trait. I don't believe this trait should let you see through spatial tears, however.

Spatial tears are very annoying and especially so when you have to be somewhere in a hurry, for example the escape shuttle taking off. I just think the option to be able to ignore this event should be available to anyone at the cost of a trait point.
I don't think this is much of a problem to start with. Spacial tears are inconvenient by nature, and that's kind of the point of putting a giant nearly impassable barrier across the z-level. Speaking of, if you REALLY have to get past, there's the command teleporter. And if that's on the other side of you or otherwise inaccessible, there's pods. and if THAT is somehow not an option, jetpacking off the z-level to the space diner and setting up the teleporter or using the shuttle there is an option.

There's a lot of ways out of a spacial tear and I think a trait for it would not make sense, be kind of useless and niche, and be a weird way to counter an already fairly easily counterable event.
We seen some effect of it before with people opening the tear and making a pass through.

Though it being a trait is no problem with me. -1 for a niche thing is fair to me.
Lol this would be a no brainer to take

Spatial interdictors let you tear them open and walk through them
Yeah this would be one of the more useful traits and invalidates interdictors even more. Just use interdictors!!!