Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antag chances after failing to get antag
This is probably gonna be a bad idea, but im gonna post it anyways, because sometimes pepole think its a good idea what is a bad idea but, hey, why not. 

I have been playing the game for a while now, frequently too, and i rarely get antag, yes i do get antag, but i only get antag once or twice, and then i dont get antag for MONTHS, yes i could understand that the chances are low and all, but after 60 rounds, i would be expecting at least ONE antag round, since ive heard this happenns quite a lot actually, i was thinking about adding some kind of value, this value would determine your chance of being an antag by around 0.1% or something like that, this value would go up by one for every 5 - 10 rounds that you did not get antag, this does not add up if you leave early, latejoin, or respawn, and it would reset when you do get an antag role, obviously there would be a maximum, so pepole can get a max of 1% extra chance of being an antag after 50 rounds of not being an antag, so the other ones dont have very low chance of having an antag role. 

I could see pepole trying to farm this, but i can always think of a kind of soft ban from this system so you cannot up your value, and its stuck at the minimum. And would also be toggable so pepole that dont like being antag can just, not up their value.
We used to have this but it sucked
(04-03-2023, 07:20 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: We used to have this but it sucked

May i ask why?
Because people would game the shit out of it
(04-04-2023, 04:21 AM)Cal Wrote: Because people would game the shit out of it

Basicly this. Just keep farming rounds. Not antag as staffy? DIE/Cryo. Repeat with respawn.

I even once suggested a "Spacebux antagonist Token" So people are more willing to play objectives and such to gain more spacebux to antag as "they want to"

But once talked out of it. I figured it was not the best option as veterans will just overrun antag roles the whole time since they got a ton of spacebux.

It was not particularly easy to game (except being able to almost guarantee getting an antag you've had turned off for a long time the first possible round after turning it back on) from what I recall, but it did result in people who had been playing longer getting a disproportionate share of the antag rolls due to how it was set up.
(04-04-2023, 07:37 AM)Mouse Wrote:

It was not particularly easy to game (except being able to almost guarantee getting an antag you've had turned off for a long time the first possible round after turning it back on) from what I recall, but it did result in people who had been playing longer getting a disproportionate share of the antag rolls due to how it was set up.

Yep. Basicly put, Veterans antag alot, newbies get robusted and leave, newbies don't get a chance in hell to be an antag.

The current system is better, but if you have bad RNG you might never get to play a certain antag.... (Like me never played wraith on RP)

But I prefer it that way. Though getting 3 changeling rounds in a row is also kinda tiring.
Maybe insted of increases chance of getting it... we should put a reverse system into play.
Where getting it decreases your chances of getting it again.
Yes it punishes veterans... and can be gamified with a lot of alt acounts to keep chances up...

But you know... better alternative?
(04-04-2023, 10:27 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 07:37 AM)Mouse Wrote:

Yep. Basicly put, Veterans antag alot, newbies get robusted and leave, newbies don't get a chance in hell to be an antag.

The current system is better, but if you have bad RNG you might never get to play a certain antag.... (Like me never played wraith on RP)

But I prefer it that way. Though getting 3 changeling rounds in a row is also kinda tiring.
Maybe insted of increases chance of getting it... we should put a reverse system into play.
Where getting it decreases your chances of getting it again.
Yes it punishes veterans... and can be gamified with a lot of alt acounts to keep chances up...

But you know... better alternative?
Its really punishing on people who play infrequently. Last year I went without antag for about 6-7 months
If only we had access to the code so we could make a replacement

Snark aside, when antag weights got disabled there was the intent to make a replacement system that would only care for short-term streaks. I've never seen anything come of it, but nothing stopping folks from still doing that.