Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canister Bomb Insta-Detonation Possibilities
(Some of this information may be inaccurate as I can't really test Can Bombs without being instantly banned.)

A while back I discovered that there are multiple ways to Insta-Detonate a Canister Bomb, some methods don't alert the station beforehand. I've been thinking of the possibilities, and would like to share my devious ideas with you all!

Methods of Detonation:

A rather unconventional method, but the most, instant, and explosive, is just good old Brute Force. "Borrowing" a big ol' Plasma Canister from Science and causing a big enough boom nearby, can blow the canister. (My experiment used ~400u Black Powder, and ~2 Large Welding Fuel Tanks, but the same could be achieved with a single well-made TTV.) Any Scientist can pull this off, and anybody with Maint access and or hacking tools can as well.

This method is likely the most reliable for Traitors wanting to demolish specific areas. Find a nice spot in Maint near Sec, bring the materials, and boom! (Getting gibbed is a MASSIVE possibility though, so be careful to not to smoke nearby!

Damage: 8/10

Covertness: 6.5/10

Speed: 8/10

Cheapness: 2/10

Risk: 7/10

Overall: 5.5/10

A more conventional method involves an actual Canister Bomb with an Analyzer attached. This method announces to the crew the bomb is activated and its location before detonation, however if done right that won't be a problem. This Bomb can be detonated with the classic nearby explosion after being armed, or enough non explosive force to puncture a hole. The latter however means anybody nearby doing the puncturing will be instantly vaporized. This method is a lot more compact, although upon failure to detonate, the entire crew will be swarming your location with murderous intent. This method is less makeshift, and I recommend a custom mixture for more explosive power! However, if somebody walks in on this devices construction, it will be PAINFULLY obvious your making a bomb.

Damage: 10/10

Covertness: 7.5/10

Speed: 9/10

Cheapness: 4/10

Risk: 5/10

Overall: 7/10

You could also just throw a powerful grenade/TTV into Science's/Engineering's Plasma Canister Storage Room, destroying half of, or even the entire department depending on the map.

Multiple people in multiple locations detonating at once can destroy every vital department, kill many, flood the station/remove all o2, cut the power, and kill the AI. The same can be achieved with 1 traitor, and multiple remote explosives. This could all happen in 5 seconds or less, possibly without the crew even knowing the cause! You could also gather a lot of crew in one place with a bomb nearby and kill them instantly! You can also achieve the same via the Escape Shuttle!

Edit: Im currently researching this, and it might not work anymore.