Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caffeine (Chemical)
Caffeine

Carbon (1) + Hydrogen (1) + Oxygen (1) + Nitrogen (1) + Ephedrine (2) + Sugar (1) + Mannitol (1) + Crank (1)

+50 Max Stamina, + 3 Stam Regen, -0.5 BRAIN, causes Jitteriness. On the 25th cycle, -25 max Stam, -1 Stam Regen, messages about your heart going into overdrive, On the 40th cycle, aggressively purges itself, halves depletion rate for all chems currently in the users system. 1% chance of Cardiac Failure.

(could definitely use some work but, whatever.)

The mixture bubbles violently, before settling into a silky, white powder.

Addictive

Coffee, Cola, Energy Drink, and Espresso all would decay into Caffeine. So would any other caffeinated beverage chems I might've forgotten.

Reasoning:
I've always wanted Caffeine in the game ever since I started, but was always having trouble on thinking how it could be balanced. I realized turning it into a strychnine style poison would be fitting for it in real life, and also would be good from a balance perspective. This chem is NOT meant as a stimulant, but rather as a stealth poison meant for floorpills / sleepypen mixes. It would also let the Bartender caffeinate his drinks, if he so pleases. the -0.5 BRAIN is a reference to caffeines medical usage as a headache cure, the depletion rate halving is a reference to the effects of caffeine in your system, and the Cardiac Failure chance is because in real life, caffeine blocks Adenosine inhibitors, with Adenosine being a common way to treat SVT rhythms.
Uuuuuuuuuuhm....

Caffine is already in the game cause we got Coffee beans my dude.
(04-02-2023, 08:57 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Uuuuuuuuuuhm....

Caffine is already in the game cause we got Coffee beans my dude.

I mean caffeine as its own chem. Coffee Beans extract into coffee (chem)
Ignoring the fact that coffee is already a thing and both it and energy drink work realistically as is..

This chem is bonkers. 50 max stamina after having a single drink readily available at alot of vendors around the station, more than double the energized+ buff from food right off the bat. As long as you don't have 10 units in your body at a time to let it go through 25 cycles (assuming .4 depletion like coffee) you effectively have an energized++++ buff available at most times. You forget this can also STACK with food, meaning someone can be running around with nearly double max stamina because they had a cuppa and a sandwich.

I don't think something we so readily put into our bodies should be a stealth poison, especially since cups normally go up to 50 units and that'd be enough to trigger the 40th cycle effect, but I am down for the idea of freshly brewed coffee healing minor brain damage.