Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SounDreams Ultimate ID (Captain, Radio Host traitor items)
SounDreams Ultimate ID
Traitor item for Captain/Radio Host, can also appear as a spief objective or in a surplus.

ID card with rainbow colouring

1TC

When inserted into ANY announcements computer (Like, the one on radio bridge and the one in bridge, as job specific examples) pulls up a menu featuring 5 options.

SYNDIESCARE
Plays the nuke alarm, gives a fake nuke location with a fake nuke, and plays the first 15 seconds of Second Reality.
CRIMELOTTERY
Plays a fake sleeper cue.
BIGGESTBIRD
Plays that annoying fucking flock sound effect that plays before flock wins.
LITERALLY1984
Plays the Admin PM noise
MACHOMADNESS
Plays a random Macho Man sound.

This would then set a 5 minute cooldown on ALL SounDreams Ultimate IDs.

These sounds will play through EVERYONE, not just from the announcement computers location.

Reasoning:
Captain and Radio Host are both long overdue for traitor items, having an announcement themed traitor item for both makes sense due to Captains having a tendency to be on announcements alot and Radio Hosts announcement computer frequently being used to be annoying.

Also I like my joke items. Leave me alone.
The admin one might be too much, admin PMs should always be taken seriously. Perhaps it could be the windows USB disconnect sound?
(03-31-2023, 01:44 PM)mralexs Wrote: The admin one might be too much, admin PMs should always be taken seriously

There IS an admin button to play the noise without an ahelp, and admins do sometimes goof off with the noise sometimes. So I don't see the difference, really.
(03-31-2023, 01:45 PM)Jackary Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 01:44 PM)mralexs Wrote: The admin one might be too much, admin PMs should always be taken seriously

There IS an admin button to play the noise without an ahelp, and admins do sometimes goof off with the noise sometimes. So I don't see the difference, really.

I didn't know that
Still no on the admin noise. If players shouldn't find a way to play it.. no one should.
It should be either under the influence of drugs to scare the player... OR....
Something admins get to goof around with.
i like the idea but i'd like it if there were less potentially ear-splitting noises
I'm suddenly remembering a round on classic where someone constantly turned on and off the red alert. I straight up had to mute the entire game to actually think. Even if it was every 5 minutes this'd get annoying VERY fast.

I say you either have one per use or alongside a stationwide cooldown (so you can't just buy 12 and have each play back to back) or multiple uses with a longer cooldown.. It's still cheap enough to where if you want to use it alot, you can purchase more at the cost of eating up all your resources. More of a tool of deception rather than a stationwide dramatic bike horn.

Also agreed on no admin noises, those shouldn't be in player hands. I'm already not reacting to explosions, if the admin noise was too common i'd stop even noticing them saying anything if something actually happened.
you posted this a day too early for april fools.