Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New botany plant that acts like a cloner but turns peopleinto kudzupeople
It is basically the clonerpod on TG and works the same way, adding this is basically a way for botany to devote themselves to what they love by becoming one or a substitute for when the cloning pod is (inevitably) blown up.

It should be called a synthperson plant and is created as a mutation caused by infusing synthmeat plant and the clonee’s blood, once it is grown and harvested the person should spawn as a kudzu person and the plant will die leaving no seeds.
kudzu already does this if you lay a corpse on it, it'll cocoon it and soon after spit out a kudzu person
Problem with that is Kudzupeople are used to cause problems.... and are considered "antag biproduct"

I love Kudzu folk and their abillity to make DENSE KUDZU into trays and computers...but....
Wild Kudzu is a problem for your standard staffies if it spreads OUTSIDE it's normal bounds.
And Kudzu folk that have even 1 malicious fiber in them will make that happen.

So I have to "REJECT" this idea since we don't need more ways of Kudzu to be attained. Kudzu should be an "ANTAG ONLY" thing.

While I love the concept.. for gameplay reasons I cannot allow more ways of spawning Kudzu folk... unless this is a new way to be an antagonist like hiding a "clonepod" plant somewhere with your DNA.. or DNA of someone else and force em to respawn as a Kudzu person, then I see "Some merrit" to it. But still no.
Ehh, I'm not so sure about this one. Given that a lot of people DESPISE kudzu and treat kudzu people as antagonists (even though they aren't), this probably wouldn't go over very well with the rest of the community.

Friendly reminder that botany can make Strange Reagent using lifeweed, garlic, and the Mutagenic Formula that they start with. Just get a way of shocking people, plus some medical supplies that you've grown, and you'll be able to revive people and nurse them back to full health. The hardest part is getting something that shocks people, but if you snag the device scanner that spawns outside of cargo and make a copy of the defibrillator that spawns in Medbay, you'll be fully equipped for necromantic activities.
I think mist people would not mind additional revival methods that work when the cloner got bombed. Most people don't think kudzupeople will be a good idea here.

The problem is: kudzu people are neither real antags nor real crewmember. They are inherently damaging the station (because they spread kudzu), so creating them is essentially self-antagging. But they don't really help the antag woth achieving any goals.
It's simple... the clone has synth organs and synth limbs insted and has a trait: "Chloropherence" (or something in that naming scheme)
Basicly you absorb liquids by walking over it... thus giving you an extra risk of easily poisoning yourself, but drinking is easier.
Ok I’m thinking instead of a kudzu person ( I chose this to make coders jobs easier) just a person made completely out of synthorgans and limbs that way people won’t spread kudzu but will still be technically plant like,
but as a downside (since everything needs one) they will get the human torch trait and lose 5 precent stamina and health, and as a bonus (since people won’t use it otherwise) that they get a 10 percent health and stamina boost in light.
Botany is allready immensely powerful
(03-30-2023, 12:58 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: Botany is allready immensely powerful

Eh, just from the thread scaling, botany is certainly weaker then enginnering, QM and science.

Mining is kinda on the same position with botany, with more individual powerfull options (mechboots, power tools, erebite, nanites) but less variety.

I would say the only departments being less threatening than botany are medbay and catering (chef+bartender).

It is kinda hard being powerfull when fire singlehandedly counters everything you can make. Botany got some great variety, though. Most departments really can't reach that amount of variety.

Although in that case, i am not a fan of the idea, but only because i don't like excessive cloning in general.