Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Pillows
Yesterday, I was playing as a borg, and someone decided to upload a law where the station was having a sleepover. So, we shut all the lights off, got beds set up, and ordered candy and party supplies. Then I realized we couldn't even have a pillow fight, because there are no pillows! So, for future sleepovers, we NEED pillows. They should function like fish - they do no damage, so you can slap people as much as you like. However, every once in a while, a feather might come out of a pillow, and if you take a knife to it, the pillow will rip to shreds and throw feathers everywhere.
Also, apart from general shenanigans, trying to sleep in a bed without a pillow is ridiculously uncomfortable, so putting them in crew quarters or on couches would be a nice touch.
Could you use them to defend yourself from being bonked over the head by heavy items, though?
Use wire to make it into improvised armor
(03-28-2023, 03:45 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: Use wire to make it into improvised armor

Yes, this is precisely what I was thinking of.
[Image: 0511-1009-0921-2306_Cartoon_of_a_Fearful..._image.jpg]
(03-28-2023, 04:09 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:45 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: Use wire to make it into improvised armor

Yes, this is precisely what I was thinking of.
[Image: 0511-1009-0921-2306_Cartoon_of_a_Fearful..._image.jpg]
This looks hilariously stupid. I love it
This topic went from silly idea, to sillier idea to a GOONSTATION VERTIFIED IDEA!
perhaps they could be made if you stuffed them with chicken feathers
So, if we want to formalize this as a feature, how would these be procured? I'd advise that they'd be craftable, requiring a pillowcase item that you can fabricate from a clothing manufacturer, with each pillowcase costing 0.1 fabric and coming unfilled. You could then fill the pillowcase with soft materials, such as feathers, cotton balls, or raw fabric material, which would form a pillow once you add enough stuffing.

Also, some should spawn on roundstart in sleeping quarters and on couches.
Maybe wool from dolly, or any other cloth/ knitting, combined with feathers dropped from chickens (provided they make chickens drop feathers) like babayetu suggested? It'd give the rancher a good side gig while they wait for chickens to do their thing
(03-30-2023, 05:58 AM)JulyJade Wrote: Maybe wool from dolly, or any other cloth/ knitting, combined with feathers dropped from chickens (provided they make chickens drop feathers) like babayetu suggested? It'd give the rancher a good side gig while they wait for chickens to do their thing

Yeah, that'd be good as well. I think feathers only drop when you kill chickens, though, but I don't play rancher enough to say so with certainty.
(03-30-2023, 06:08 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 05:58 AM)JulyJade Wrote: Maybe wool from dolly, or any other cloth/ knitting, combined with feathers dropped from chickens (provided they make chickens drop feathers) like babayetu suggested? It'd give the rancher a good side gig while they wait for chickens to do their thing

Yeah, that'd be good as well. I think feathers only drop when you kill chickens, though, but I don't play rancher enough to say so with certainty.

Sometimes they can drop feathers by petting or grabbing em I believe. Killing them assures it.