Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
quality of life (maybe bad) suggestion
So you got arrested, maybe you deserved it maybe you didn't. What matters now is that your handcuffed. 

Suddenly, that big ol' red Oxy damage indicator pops up, because you ran our of oxygen in your pocket oxygen tank. But, your handcuffed. You can do nothing at all to fix it. As you try to break out your handcuffs, you faint, interrupting your process until you slowly die while nobody helps or even checks on you. You can't even scream for help, because you're dying of oxygen damage.

I am suggesting the ability to toggle whether or not your breathing via your breathmask/oxycanister or using the station air around you while are in handcuffs. This is because I, and probably many other people find it very infuriating to die while in the brig just because of oxygen damage. Especially as an antagonist. The mere ability to toggle if your using your oxytank or not can save a considerable amount of time. Because if you die, then security has to haul your dead body over to medbay and the time it takes for a person to get cloned. And that's the best case scenario considering most of the time, people don't give two shits about a dead body if it's not their job. Overall, the simple ability to toggle breathmask usage can save a lot of dumb deaths, and keyboards. And it's overall just not fun to die of oxy damage because security handcuffed you. 

TL/DR: Please give us the ability to toggle our breathmasks while in handcuffs.
honestly i'd feel pretty shitty if that happened to me as i was arresting somebody especially since you can do little to signify "hey im suffocating to death" since being suffocated makes your speech almost silent
I'd say it can allow for some interresting shennigans with a leaked mask.. but in this case. While NOT realistic... I think it's a good idea.

After all... if you are dieing in security's custody due to oxygen damage... Then it's SECURITY'S DUTY to make sure you don't die.
So this QoL is fine.

MIGHT I ADD THOUGH...
The suffocating doesn't make sense to begin with. After all... You can wear a breath mask/gas mask/any mask. Without an O2 tank and breath fine.
Then you can wear an O2 tank... and all will be fine as long as you have Atoms.
But... the moment you turn it on and it's empty.. you start choking regardless if there is O2 in the atoms.

So yes, being able to turn life support on or off if you have it equipped regardless of being handcuffed is A-okay. Saves security a hassle and keeps you alive.
Imagine if someone breaches security and you have life support equipped but can't turn it on... now atleast you can do that too without security having to get your ass to safety without fear of you running off.
I'd be ok with this as long as it doesn't effect the surgery masks, so people who are handcuffed going under anesthetic can't just refuse anesthetic.
(03-28-2023, 05:16 AM)Kotlol Wrote: MIGHT I ADD THOUGH...
The suffocating doesn't make sense to begin with. After all... You can wear a breath mask/gas mask/any mask. Without an O2 tank and breath fine.
Then you can wear an O2 tank... and all will be fine as long as you have Atoms.
But... the moment you turn it on and it's empty.. you start choking regardless if there is O2 in the atoms.

I always imagines someone wearing internals but not have them active just didn't connected it to the tank. So they have like a cable dangling around somewhere they beeath through.