Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
"Wizards and werewolves and wraiths, oh my!" A book for the chaplain
My suggestion is adding a book that details the various strengths and weaknesses of various super natural antags. Not necessarily a "How to kill antag" book, but rather something that gives in-game explanations of what the strengths of each antag are, and how you can properly protect yourself from said antags. The reason for this suggestion is mostly due to the fact that, since the wraith rework, not many people know about the skull candles, due to there being no in-game information about it.
A bunch of the other job roles get similar books or pamphlets, and given that one of the chaplain's main "jobs" is to deal with supernatural entities that they are strong against, I don't see why we shouldn't add something like this.

Although...you've just given me an idea for a different suggestion.
This is a Good Idea. I am tempted to place this thread in the "Good Ideas" subforum which we have been criminally lax in maintaining.
throw them in the monster manual, which is already on every map in the nerd dungeon.

then anyone can make use of it for rp purposes
I have said it before.. but every job needs to have a "guide" on somewhere in game and not rely on "Opening the wiki" everytime.

It makes for more fun RP. It makes for better intergration for newbies. And it gives a great opening section for the job insted of: "Wiki it" wich might have them end up on the wrong code base wiki, thus getting even MORE CONFUSED. (because some people do not see the wiki button on the right top.)
Love the idea of a pamphlet for the chappie. Less fond of adding it to the existing Monster manual
isn't the creature conspectus basically just a joke or has it been expanded beyond "1/2e stats for staff assistants"
(03-27-2023, 03:08 PM)Wisemonster Wrote: My suggestion is adding a book that details the various strengths and weaknesses of various super natural antags. Not necessarily a "How to kill antag" book, but rather something that gives in-game explanations of what the strengths of each antag are, and how you can properly protect yourself from said antags. The reason for this suggestion is mostly due to the fact that, since the wraith rework, not many people know about the skull candles, due to there being no in-game information about it.

It would be funny to style it like a medieval bestiary. I've been reading a few of such, with neat little diagrams just for the aesthetic.