Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Buff robotics laser eyes
Currently, they are completely useless, blocking you from wearing any eyewear unless you want it to be destroyed, and same goes for gasmasks and face-covering helmets, limiting your internals to breath masks.

These requirements are even worse in contrast to genetic eyebeams, which allow you to fire through all the aforementioned headgear, and without disallowing the utility of specialized cybereyes.

I'd say that the advantage they provide over most other cybereyes is already debatable, without taking into account all the gear restrictions, and the only benefit they get over the genetics version is their increased availability.

That's why I'd like to see them buffed in any way, at the very least allowing them to bypass worn gear without destroying it. If the need were to arise, they could be tweaked in some way, such as being made incompatible with the eyebeams mutation or not being able to go through sunglasses, as some examples.
Or you can just take them off real quick , shoot then put em back on. I do find it odd that optic blaster doesnt allow this.. should melt eyewear too!
(03-27-2023, 12:22 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Or you can just take them off real quick , shoot then put em back on. I do find it odd that optic blaster doesnt allow this.. should melt eyewear too!

That doesn't work when that thing combusts not only goggles, but masks and most hats, not just space helmets. On testing it set a hard hat and all of its subtypes (sec helmets) aflame. So you'd need to remove all 3 items to fire a single 20 BURN blast that can be dodged with relative ease.
To put things into perspective, that's less than the damage of a phaser, at a much slower fire rate, with rarer items that require surgery and use erebite for their construction, and destroying your items.

Furthermore, and going back to genetics, there is an empowered version of the eyebeams, which fires a laser bolt. The same one fired by laser guns and eguns. That's 45 damage impossible to know when facing, without an unholster sound or any sort of previous warning, and going right through headgear, leaving it untouched.

And besides, this isn't really to nerf the genetics version going through items, it's a complaint about laser eyes not serving any real purpose at all. Their use is already very niche and worse than most other energy weapons, that can be produced much more easily and have much better effects. The idea behind this is to at least make them useful in that specific use, and not a straight up danger to the user, because, let's be real, if you're firing this, you're not using it to gain a decisive advantage in a fight, but rather, as a sidearm in a stress situation where your main weapons are unusable for whatever reason, in which you may not be able to remove items.
Yeah they could really use a buff honestly, in many aspects even putting aside the stupid fact they burn your entire head apparel when you use it
Counterpoint: the genetics ability is stupidly overpowered to begin with.
(03-28-2023, 07:48 AM)Mouse Wrote: Counterpoint: the genetics ability is stupidly overpowered to begin with.

Again, it's not so much about a comparison with the genetics version as it is an overall analysis of the ability itself. It's just not worth it at all, compared with the genetics lasers, or with any gun you can make/find in space or AZones, it's a slow firing, expensive, and weak gun that also needs certain equipment slots to be free unless you want to get backfired. It's only benefit is literally stealth, and even that's lost when you have to remove 2 or 3 pieces of equipment to fire on someone for 20 BURN.
(03-28-2023, 07:48 AM)Mouse Wrote: Counterpoint: the genetics ability is stupidly overpowered to begin with.

Not really? Its kinda weak in comparison to stuff like.. oh, i don't know... getting a phaser which is more damage dealing and more accessable?

What the ability has, though, is inherent counteing of stuns, because you don't drop it which is powerfull, but not overpowered
(03-29-2023, 01:05 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:

Not really? Its  kinda weak in comparison to stuff like..  oh, i don't  know... getting a phaser which is more damage dealing and more accessable?

What the ability has, though, is inherent counteing of stuns, because you don't drop it  which is powerfull, but not overpowered

Yea I am on lord_earth on this one.
Let alone the Optic Energizer can also BACKFIRE and cause loss of eyeight where as the robo eye doesn't.