Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Taser Shotgun
The taser shotgun as it stands right now is the strongest stun in the game, it has very little PSU cost, needs very little aim and absolutely demolishes anyone it hits. I have no idea how to nerf it but please put your suggestions down below.
remove taser shotgun
in my day we didn't have any fancy "taser shotguns" we had a stun baton and a taser and they were in the locker so if you showed up late staffies had all of them
Completely agree with Morgan. The power level of the Taser Shotgun combined with its relatively light PSU per shot makes it far too formidable, to the point where it's downside of being two handed is quite literally negated. If compared to the base taser, the shotgun stuns you for longer while also having the added benefit of spread.

The burst mode on the regular Taser assuming you are using the normal 200u powercell can fire twice. It will down you immediately if all 3 shots land for 7 seconds on average. The Taser shotgun by comparison, requires two shots on average to down with way less psu usage. I don't have the numbers on hand but I'm sure two shots from the shotgun will down you. Once the first pellets land you will be disorientated enough to make the second one strike you almost guaranteed. And once you're on the floor, you can be stunned for up to 20 seconds which is akin to a baton swing.

From my experience, I 100% second the opinion of the Taser Shotgun requiring some sort of change. As it stands it is the best Taser by a mile with the least risk, and highest reward.
I have no problem with nerfing the ole thing, but some of you might be thinking too harshly on it.

Compared to the Tazer SMG that is.. the shotgun is powerful.
Compared to the wave gun... the shotgun lacks it's functionality.
Compared to the burst tazer.... yea shotgun outdoes it.

I normally only use the tazer shotgun for close range moments and then when I time perfectly.. ZAP! my spreadshot instantly downs a badguy.

Infact the tazershot gun is why I avoid the tazer SMG unless I feel like doing a gimmick. Cause the SMG is just SO BAD and too situational. It only helps with big crowds and... the tazer shotgun can do that too but better.

So I think it needs a "reload" action like the shotguns of many. So it cannot be spammed. Maybe nerf the stun duration unless you get a CLEANSHOT like I do. Since that takes some degree of skill. And most should be fine.

The tazer shotgun shouldn't be a spammable weapon...it should be a heavy duty two handed tazer gun that is slow and clunky.
Taser shotgun is supposed to be a weapon that is extremely good at close range and while it is it's also really effective at mid and sometimes even higher ranges due to disorient guaranteeing the next hit will land. The main issue as I see it is the fact that it's just better than all the other weapons (there are some arguments to be made with the normal taser but a lot of that is dual wielding it with a barrier). Moreover, while the normal taser also can instadown, a single taser burst is way harder to hit than a taser shotgun spread shot and even if it hits it downs for a few seconds (I think it's around 5 - 7 seconds I am not a 100% on that one). Comparing it to the SMG and wavegun is pointless considering how those 2 struggle to even compete with the regular taser. I am fine with having an easy to use stun weapon that isn't hard to land and so on but it shouldn't be as rewarding when it does land and the downside of it being 2 handed should be way more apparent than it is. I would either make it cost more PU per shot or make the stun value per bolt lower so you are encouraged to actually hit all of the bolts. The slug mode is fine considering how much harder it is to hit compared to the spread.
if this is a big issue, it could probably do with some more dropoff on the projectile.
i don't think it's any better than the other guns, especially when you consider you can swap in another battery to a regular taser or SMG remarkably fast to keep on shooting, the same cannot be said for the shotgun since it's 2 handed
Give it a big obvious charge up like macro phasers have.
A drastic but potential nerf idea could be to make it too big to fit on a backpack, make it a backpack strapped weapon.
Require pumping it.

Maybe one pump primes a slug shot, and successive pumps add more bolts and scatter to the shot
(03-25-2023, 07:57 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Require pumping it.

Maybe one pump primes a slug shot, and successive pumps add more bolts and scatter to the shot

just sayin this didnt really work for the peacemaker (it is pretty easy to make it fire faster than regular revolver)

i dunno though. while it is undeniably strong its a pain in the rear to lug around (besides the fact it fits in a sec belt, but only if you ordered the control belt...)

probably a good place to start is to make it not fit in the belt.
(03-25-2023, 02:49 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i don't think it's any better than the other guns, especially when you consider you can swap in another battery to a regular taser or SMG remarkably fast to keep on shooting, the same cannot be said for the shotgun since it's 2 handed

You can change it as fast as any other gun, just click the cell in your belt with the taser shotgun in hand and it changes it.
Maybe instead of full taser bolts it shoots a spread of taser SMG bolts when in spread mode. This would ensure it would work best within 1-3 tiles
(03-25-2023, 11:54 PM)MorganFreeman Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 02:49 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i don't think it's any better than the other guns, especially when you consider you can swap in another battery to a regular taser or SMG remarkably fast to keep on shooting, the same cannot be said for the shotgun since it's 2 handed

You can change it as fast as any other gun, just click the cell in your belt with the taser shotgun in hand and it changes it.

They also seemingly forgot that the SMG is two handed as well