Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Plasmatoid Trait
A Trait that gives one Plasmatoid Lungs
possible even immunity to Anaerobic Metabolism to make things more interesting

and in order to not die, a Waist sized Plasma Tank and Internals

Mainly suggesting this cuz there are no Plasmamen in Goonstation
I am actually fine with more traits like these.
Toxins storage is kinda an annoying place to get refills if you aren't a scientist and wouldn't really work thematically. Also Nadir doesn't have toxins so good luck.

While you could start with a long shift's worth of plasma (would that be 3 or 4 waist tanks?) that seems a bit dumb. Maybe something carried on the back?

I do think it would be fun to have tough
well, there is always the option to put 1-2 cans of plasma in a storage in medbay. Would also kinda enable more antag-doctor-shenanigans.
tbh this is pretty cool and I'm here for it
(03-24-2023, 07:27 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: well, there is always the option to put 1-2 cans of plasma in a storage in medbay. Would also kinda enable more antag-doctor-shenanigans.

Plasmaflooding medbay is one of the more boring things an antag can do. I don't thinks it's a good idea to make it that easy
Assuming that this trait could be resolved via surgery, it might not be so bad - just get the procedure done early in the shift with a replacement pair of cyberlungs, and you're good. Sticking with plasmatoid lungs for the entire round, though...that'd be pretty tough. Might be easier if you were an engineer/scientist, given their ready access to plasma cans.

Also agreed on the Plasmafire thing. It's, like, the least original thing for an antag to do, especially because it's something rogue AI's and sleeper agents turn to when they want to kill people. Let's not enable it any more than we have to.
You could add orderable small plasma tanks in cargo. You could also make each of the tanks last around ~20 minutes with you spawning with one in your hand and a spare in your emergency box.
How about this... we remove it being plasma breathing and change it to "True Snob"

"You were so up your ass that only farts allows you to breathe. Stinky!"

....Yea I know... not a good joke, but it was my only way to make the Plastoid trait be a "Fart Breather" trait.
That gives me a very silly trait idea, you breathe out Farts instead of CO2