Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Critters can do things that maybe they shouldn't be able to
(03-26-2023, 02:51 AM)Oremir Wrote: I might be wrong but i believe them being able to fully utilize the kitchen was more a nod to Ratatouille which i like and would like to keep. There's been moments where i've helped a chef out in the Kitchen as a critter and formed a good bond with them, it makes for nice micro-stories within the shift that don't just amount to ''this pest is eating all my stuff and being an annoyance''.

I believe that getting rid of too much of what they can do would just make the experience miserable and at worst veer people into annoying/griefy behavior.

Totally agree with this. Giving ghost critters more ways to interact with the crew can be tricky, but cooking is generally pretty inoffensive and has led to some very fun interactions in the past. We don't need to "nerf" ghost critters. I might argue that they should get a select few other limited cooking-related interactions, namely in being able to use rolling pins and knives on ingredients, but they're in an OK state as is, I suppose.

(Also, funny anecdote: the other day, I was the sole operator of the Donut 3 kitchen...as a ghost critter. A scientist came up to the front and was like "hey, are you the only chef," and I pantomimed a "yes," whereupon they asked me to get them a monkey from the ValueChimp, which I obviously couldn't do. I did manage to find a vocal translator lying on the ground outside of the ValueChimp, though, and giving that to them was reason enough to get them to leave.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghost Critters can do things that maybe they shouldn't be able to - by RelentlessGarbage - 03-26-2023, 04:47 AM