Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make the morgue and Chaplain more useful by changing the bio matter reclaimer.
(03-22-2023, 02:16 AM)Kotlol Wrote: "While" this is a good idea to add more use of the morgues and chapel...

This is once again an example of "Nerfing Medbay" to force interaction and using all of it's resources.
Wich in the past I condemn... and to this day I still do.

For one reason, be it RP or Classic... people tend to leave bodies around and not clear them. Making miasma piles.
Then you need someone on surgery duty for each death to extract every organ to even using the reclaimer.

So what do you think will happen from now on?
Round start:
-Genetics goes into the monkey cage.
-Doctors goes into the monkey cage.
-Both start grabbing monkeys.
- Possible monkey riot.
-Doctors start killing and disecting monkeys to fill the bio matter early.
-Genetics does their thing.
-Round goes on.

And the moment the bio matter tank is empty... thats when they start harvesting organs again. And thus "SLOW CLONING" proceeds.
That is unless the bio matter reclaimer only takes organs and it's instant, then we will see the round start being monkey organ harvesting and putting them into the cooling chest with the rest of the bio matter waste till they are needed.

And in the mean time the human bodies? They might get harvested, but most of the time... they will just strip each dead player (Wich becomes another hassle) and toss their bodies into disposals or burn them in the chapel. Cause we got a monkey supply now.

And if you nerf the monkey supply, it just means more work...

IN the end you just make medbay do more work to operate the cloner. Make it more messy.

As for increasing the bio matter for each organ put in individually? That's actually smart.
You can stuff it in the old way... but that takes time to process and gives less results.
But by extracting each organ and putting them into the reclaimer, thus getting more and the reclaimer doesn't go on cool down? Yes. That would be a good thing.
Cause now you are adding effort vs lazy.
Lazy doctors or doctors who can't find time to operate the cloner to the fullest capacity by extracting organs can STILL do their job, especially when it's code red.
But... when it's quieter or someone is digilent.. they can do organ harvest in the morgue.

This will also make "organ thieves" more fun to play since not every body has to be thrown into the reclaimer for gameplay reasons.
On classic some doctor can say: "Don't reclaim that body! I will extract it's organs and put it 1 by 1 to get more bio matter out of it."
And then it turned out to be an organ thief traitor.

I'm not a coder so I'm not sure if it's possible, but if it is then it would be better to make it so that only organs that specifically came from players could be used for the biomatter reclaimer so that monkey harvesting wouldn't be possible. I'm pretty sure organs already have the players name on them if you take them out of someone, so I don't think its impossible to do. I don't think this would be a big medbay nerf either, it would just mean that corpses would have to actually be processed before they could be used to reclaim bio matter, and as long as you have the bio matter you need then cloning would be mostly unaffected. Maybe give a slight increase to the amount of bio matter available at round start to compensate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make the morgue and Chaplain more useful by changing the bio matter reclaimer. - by Skye14 - 03-22-2023, 08:25 AM