I'm thinking about it.
Now what?
confirmed
but how would we insult them? we already wasted 'nerds'
'dorks' would be good
Dweebs is better. The Dweeb Department.
Can't stop thinking about it
I came, I thought, I conquered.

But really, I don't understand what the point would be. Fixing printers? Being rude dicks?

Actually, I support this idea if similar to the mining people sometimes spawning as dwarves and the chef being swedish the IT people sometimes spawned with thick Indian accents.
This Idea isn't very thought out.

Most of the departments have some kind of game-play thing that makes them fun. They don't just exist.

Who's going to want to have an IT department job if your sole job is to screw around and get yelled at by members of the crew because they think something broke.

How does an IT deparment on the station work.

Computer updates could be cool I guess, but it would have to be something like genetics otherwise the crew would just get all the updates immediately like robotics.

Also some kind of scripting system that works with existing parts of the station. like a "set everybody to not arrest" script every time the AI makes beepsky go nuts.

Also any sort of computer thing will probably end up with lag complaints.

I think the mechanics already kinda serve this purpose even though they almost never do network stuff.

Ignoring the fact that someone is bound to get mad at the suggestion of IT workers Indian accents because it might be racist or something.
Seriosly though, its pointless.
Infinite Monkeys is out IT Dweeb. Don't insult him with this rubish....
procitizen Wrote:confirmed
hurray! i made a difference! Haw haw haw
More shit needs no be done with computers before we can implement this. Hacking(which from what I heard is in development), online stores both crew and NPC operated, and programming. Maybe even some sort of way to share programs made I game similar to how libraries work on other servers?
add c++ coding