Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-exsting Lore
Hello, I'm just curious about how much lore there is around the game. I've read some off the wiki and seen some other stuff exploring it all but I'm very curious about all the different sources. Partially because I would like to contribute with other's some stories from formulaic to bizarre, whacky to scary, and more. That's all, I'm just curious how much is already established.
There's a surprising amount. While some of it can be picked up just by paying attention to the station as you play on it, a lot more of it is hidden in secret areas - secret areas that, by their nature, cannot be discussed openly. If you're really curious, you could try to mess around while on a local Goonstation branch (as in, a singleplayer version of the game), where you can try secret-hunting without being molested by the antagonists and RP formalities that you might otherwise have to deal with.

Keep in mind, though, that since this is a game with a collaborative development, a lot of these things are kind of loose and subject to being revised in the future. The Goonstation "Lore" has been retconned more than once before. So, while certain parts of the lore are pretty well-established and unlikely to change, much of the rest of it is not.

I believe that the Discord may help you in this regard. Not only are folks on there more likely to be quite knowledgeable on the backstory, but they'd be more likely to be the people actively writing new lore (as in, lore that applies for newly-added items or maps).
There is a lot of lore, but unfortunately, the wiki is kind of outdated.
However, you can go to the #imspoiler channel on discord or to the solarium server to find out more about the lore.

Although I heavily encourage you to complete AZones and look for small snippets of information, the sol wiki is an excellent unofficial database, which is particularly helpful for things that have become unreachable, but still not retconned.

That aside, the standard goonstation wiki articles about Corporations and the Frontier system are a good introduction to the lore and their players