Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science and Engineering, the broadest department
(03-19-2023, 07:22 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: As for what to do when an entire crew refuses to do a major role, like all engineers don't do squat about the engine.. I feel like that falls on the captain or AI or other heads to take over. Maybe it's because I only play rp nowadays (or because i don't play these roles lol) but i believe these cases are the reason why there are heads of the station. Someone to take charge or rain hell on those who would hinder the station.

Yes but if the AI doesn't know how to do an engine... or the heads don't do it.. then we got a problem again.
Now this is rare, but it did happen twice for me on shifts that I was playing a detective (and I know how to do engines) but no engineer, captain, HoP or AI knew how to setup engines. CE was MIA in both versions.

I did teach them this in charater and described it as: "An expirenced detective should know how these things work so they can find sabotage, let alone I dabble a little here and there."

But hey.. that's a heavy EXCEPTION (and this across thousands of shifts)

And yes people do missbehave and things like sub-classes won't stop the missbehaving. Even if 4 scientists want to do artsci and only 1 of them rolled it.
They want to do it and get angry at the game and such... but here's the thing...
"Start of round spawning gives you a random spawn too."

But anyway... back to the topic at hand.

While these are two problems... they come from the same core problem.

With engineers it can become a station wide problem if no Engineer wants to fix or do the engines.
With Scientists it just leads to infighting... but doesn't endanger the station.

And yes heads can keep order and such.. but remember Heads of departments/captains also are players and can be subject to "I don't wanna do this"
And in those rare occasions, nothing gets done. While in some cases it can lead to funny scenerio's... in a lot it will lead to frustrations.

Even in my rp times as a captain, I have fired an engineer for disobeying priority orders, cause he kept going off to do his own project insted of fixing a breach for 20 mins straight (it wasn't in a key area but still). So I revoked his access and took his stuff.. cause "You have a job to do."
Also he was the only engineer that shift and I already setup the engine for him.

Eitherway... I have no objections having them remain like they are. I just want to have a "clear way" how to deal with these kinda scenerios and knowing when to summon an admin to fix this mess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Science and Engineering, the broadest department - by Kotlol - 03-20-2023, 04:58 AM