Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science and Engineering, the broadest department
I've given it some thought, and this feels like 2 completely different issues rolled into one post so I'll give my opinion on each though keep in mind I don't play goon1 anymore:

I feel the easy way to ensure people don't fight is to just have them spawn inside the artlab (the game chose ME to do artsci, alright? buzz off) though there's no real way to ensure even with sub-roles people won't just bolt for the artlab as a chemist. The way I see it when there's more than 2 people doing these jobs, you have issues if everyone just ignores the problem. But, you don't have to:
  • You can technically do artsci anywhere, so why not just encourage scientists to go out into space for more? Just gotta grab the tools and a safe place for testing. Maybe increasing how many artifacts are out there, or increasing how often mining can find artifacts could help with this so there's enough work to go around. Scientists could also try to get engineers involved with a 2nd artlab, though I'm not sure how much they can scan.
  • Telesci can very easily eat up as many scientists as possible once an adventure zone is found (at least on RP). Work together instead of against each-other, have one find the zone and any others gather up supplies. I feel like if 3 people want to do things with telesci, there's already plenty for them to do with the long range teleporter, the normal teleporter, and any supply gathering or creating.
As for what to do when an entire crew refuses to do a major role, like all engineers don't do squat about the engine.. I feel like that falls on the captain or AI or other heads to take over. Maybe it's because I only play rp nowadays (or because i don't play these roles lol) but i believe these cases are the reason why there are heads of the station. Someone to take charge or rain hell on those who would hinder the station.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Science and Engineering, the broadest department - by Dhaidburt - 03-19-2023, 07:22 PM