Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reclaimer QoL/Emag Ideas
Base Features
+ Allow it to carry excess biomatter
+ Drag clicking biomatter items (organs, meat, etc) to the reclaimer loads similar items items until it is full (excluding corpses and brains)
+ Automatically blends inserted items after 10 20 seconds of inactivity
+ Examining the reclaimer shows what objects are inside

Emagged Properties
+ Activating the reclaimer sends gore and blood sloshing out at people in the splash zone
+ A very small chance that putting an object into the reclaimer activates the blender and rips off your arm
+ Drag clicking items to the reclaimer will also load normally incompatible items inside as well (clothes, ID cards, etc) before it loads biomatter items, even if you drag clicked an organ or something first
+ Reclaimed items have a chance to cause clones to spawn with embedded items and increased defects (Credit to RelentlessGarbage)
The enzymatic reclaimer does seem to have a very low capacity for Biomass in my experience. Letting it store a little more would be nice.

Those emagged behaviors are cool, although it would make it immediately obvious that the reclaimer is Emagged given that blood is being spilled everywhere. That would limit stealthy uses of an emagged reclaimer, which I'm fine with, but that might not be popular.

Do you think there should be any interactions while adding non-biomass to the reclaimer? Like, clones produced from the biomass are full of shrapnel because you stuck a metal plate in there and the blender chopped it up along with the rest of the meat slurry. Might be funny.
The reclaimer eats all of your items if you emag it right now, I feel like there's nothing stealthy about it as is. It'd be funny if clones spawned with bits of crap in them from accidentally loading items into the reclaimer though, that would be incredible. I'm gonna add that to the list real quick like.
(03-13-2023, 08:33 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: The reclaimer eats all of your items if you emag it right now

for real? i thought this was a bug. 

does it not use any special message to show this?
(03-14-2023, 04:43 AM)TDHooligan Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 08:33 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: The reclaimer eats all of your items if you emag it right now

for real? i thought this was a bug. 

does it not use any special message to show this?

Nope, emagged reclaimers just eat everything and that's it. It's a very lame interaction for antags and for people who are getting cloned so their stuff is basicly gone.
After the 1st time, the doctors will still use said reclaimer but take off the dead body's clothes.. wich takes them more time.

This is why it's rarely seen...
Those who know it's just a hassle and not interresting.
And those who don't know... don't bother emagging the thing unless experimentation.

This new emagging QoL is more fun. As it's litterly dangerous.

Also doesn't emagging the reclaimer allow you to put living people into them as well? I could never test that, but if not.. add to the list.
(03-14-2023, 05:15 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Also doesn't emagging the reclaimer allow you to put living people into them as well? I could never test that, but if not.. add to the list.

According to the Wiki, yes, it does. Never tried it myself, though.
Different operating modes

[Image: vintageblender.jpg]