Complaint instant ban my mexicat without even talking to me.
(03-13-2023, 05:31 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 05:13 PM)Skye14 Wrote: [quote pid="191943" dateline="1678754912"]
If you don't mind, could you please explain to me how preparing an entire hostage scenario that took over an hour to get ready is poor roleplaying?

i'm gonna go play warframe or something instead actually

i wish you the best of luck with figuring this out

i actually had a big, multiple paragraph post explaining the nuances but then i noticed warframe sitting on my steam game list and i had to just kind of roll with it, you know? i'm sure you understand. it's the thought that counts after all
[/quote]

Right, you're saying because just because I had an intention to do something but it didn't happen, that doesn't absolve me from the consequences of what actually happened. that's fair. But, and I am really genuinely asking this, how was the way I responded to security attempting to apprehend me poor roleplay or non-escalation? they saw the bomb on my back and they knew the stakes if they messed up trying to catch me, but they still tried, so I set it off. Isn't that escalation? If I had've just walked into the chapel and blew it up that would be a clear cut ban, but I feel like the situation as it happened was a fairly organic bit of RP. I'm not trying to be obtuse here and argue in bad faith, I really, genuinely think that what happened wasn't failRP. Since you guys seem to disagree I'll honor that and stop complaining about it, but I would genuinely appreciate a more detailed explanation of why the way I responded to the situation was against the rules. This is partly why I wanted to at least be spoken to by the admin that banned me before it happened, so that I could have a back and forth and get the feedback I need to improve my behavior and not get banned again. I've had talking-to's before, and I've improved my behavior based on feedback given. I find doing bomb threats and events to be fun, and I want others to enjoy it too, my intention isn't to ruin peoples days, its to create an interesting and tense situation.

Also this is getting off track of my original feedback which was just to talk to people before banning them, so I'd like to make it clear that I'm not trying to litigate a ban appeal in this forum, I know that's against the rules. Is there anywhere that this would be more appropriate to talk about than here?

Thanks for reading.

Messages In This Thread
RE: instant ban my mexicat without even talking to me. - by Skye14 - 03-13-2023, 05:54 PM