Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydroponics thread (plant ideas/tools)
As i said in the poppy thread i see hydroponics as the weaker chemistry that uses solid forms of the chemicals. While it can make stuff like exploding tomatoes that make huge explosion for master hydroponics it takes a LONG time to get to the stage when you can just go make a pipe bomb or beaker assembly. My suggestion is to add special plants that have weak chemicals/ none at all but have special effects like artifacts Or plants with special giving that are rather easily to make if you know have but takes time to do it

Here are some Ideas i thought of :

Cherries(not sure if this is real plant..never seen any)-Give out cherry juice when non-mutated...when mutated it causes the cherries to heat up rapidly when thrown allowing for fun possibilities. It can transfer over when spliced

Ice-flowers (possible artifact? also needs better name) - gives frozen pods when harvested. When the pods are heated it causes water to appear....When spliced it has a chance to give the given seed the same effect to one of the plants chemicals when heated

rubber- gives blob of rubber that are good for making ghetto insulated gloves that Halves the shock damage or used to reinforce the emergancy space suits (the orange ones)

Flubber (requires injections of strange regreant in rubber seed) -Gives a flubber when harvested. Flubber when thrown keeps on moving and hitting walls...it only stops when it hits a human (doing some brute damage or been grabbed. It is also known from time to time to begin jumping by it. Also good for upgrading moon boots to give you jumpy with only a small chance of malfuction (due to flubber having a mind of it own). When spliced it gives the targeted plant a weaker version where it can only hit the walls twice instead of forever

Thyme (mutation????)-a strange plant that leaves slow time down or speeds it up. When holding it in your active hand you speed up or down and when extracted gives a rather weak chemical version of the plant that effects chemicals only causing chemical reactions to happen slower or their effects to happen faster and makes it go through the body faster)....when spliced it slows down plants with special ability’s (good for keeping flubber as a pet without chasing him/her/it)

Spooky seed (possible telescience reward)-rather useless by itself.....When harvested gives only a one ectoplasm and a ghostly scream (does not give seeds)

Haunted tree (apple mutation that requires splicing) - Gives blobs of ectoplasm when harvested...when in dark areas it has a chance of spawning ghosts or skeletons when harvested (Does NOT give seeds)

Hissing catnip (mutation)-when harvested it gives one kitty cat (Gives no seeds)

That’s all i can really think of for plants but i would love to hear more possible plant ideas that give special property’s and increase the possibility’s of crazy plant combinations. Tool ideas for hydroponics would also be nice too.
pizzatiger Wrote:Hissing catnip (mutation)-when harvested it gives one kitty cat (Gives no seeds)

As long as there is another mutation that yields space lions crossarms
Spy_Guy Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:Hissing catnip (mutation)-when harvested it gives one kitty cat (Gives no seeds)

There need to be some kind of nerf to that to make sure hydroponics doesn't spam lions...which is why i made the haunted tree rather trickish to get...now if there was a mutation that made cat-nip the causes cats to attack other cats and anyone with cat-drugs.....i could see cat fight arenas where people and a bunch of farmed cats fight to the death for survival
Willow Tree: As I mentioned in the poppy thread Willow tree bark contains the stuff that makes asprin somehow, given that the game already has the exact same chemical, a way to harness it from tree bark wouldn't be over the top. Also having a plant that makes wood could lead to botany making and smoking away it's own paper as someone else mentioned.

Maybe the general manufacturer could also use wood to make paper and other things.

There's probably other industrial uses for willow trees, but making wooden forts, enough paper to last a lifetime of joints, and asprin sounds good enough.

Also wood as a fuel would probably green.

Potato mutation: Poison berry (also known as nightshade) (or maybe just green potatos?)

eating it gives you solanine

Solanine can cause fun and not fun things like hullicinations, nausea, and death.

solanine hydrochloride could also be used as a weedkiller maybe.
Buzzing plant(given from hacked seed vender)- Has a 1% chance for every unit of honey and if a bee queen is in the area to make a strange bee egg (makes a green bee!)

Hellish plant (mutation from buzzing plant that is created with a speical formula)-When fully gorwn it makes One green wasp that attacks bee and players..once it kills a bee or human the hellish plant has a 1% chance for every unit of a combination of blood and honey to implant the body with wasp eggs that creates 2 wasps larva and destroys the body (these wasp are really weak)

Wasp suit(8 telecrystals)- A green Bee keeping suit that portects you from wasps and bees.It comes with two one use beakers of some sick and twisted liquid. When wearing the suit you can turn a bee queen into a wasp queen(only once) which you can control. Wasps naturaly follow and portect the queen and will attack anying the queen buzzes at or stings

Gas pods(hacked)- a bio enginered Plant that when it reaches full mutatraity is will begin spewing out a random pure gas if it detects a storage contaner to contain it(used for refilling gas tanks for the engine)

Blue-berrys-creates a tasty treat that are rather useless

dripping blueberry plants(requires 300 potency)- creates a blue pant when harvested

Discount dans plant formula(2-5 telecrystals)- Not completly my idea but i rather liked it so i going to post it here. When put into a plant it created a deadly mutation that would not work as anything but a traitor item/gimmic traitor fun). When injected into a human it mutates the poor man into some horrible plant man after a few minutes if he does not burn himself in some way (like a weilder).Once a plant man he must serve the person the person who injected him. He requires compost and water every few minutes or he will die. Due to being a plant he can regrow arms and legs after a few minutes but it takes alot of water and compost.It is super weak to fire but can repair brute using water and compost

bluebearry bubblegum plant( bluebearry mutation requires discount dans formula)-It a full course dinner as you chew! Saddly when it reaches the bluebearry desert stage you will turn blue and expand till you gib!When put into your mouth you can't remove it till you reisit (overules the handcuff reiset). you gain a quick stun immunity but if your stunned somehow when the gum in your mouth you can't spit it out

spewing gas pods(gas pod mutation the requires discount dans forumla)-Due to the strange liquid of the formula the gas pods take twice as long to blow but when fully grown will spew out a non-pure gas that often changes(could be ANYTHING) without the need of a container to store it in.It also takes twice as much water for it to spew.

swelled cherrys(cherry mutation that requires discount dan formula)-Swelled cherry the when thrown will do a weak one square explosion that doesn't causes a fire and has a super lowe chance to knock off legs or arms.

book tree(apple tree using discount dans formuala)- a horrifing tree of pure evil that gives out written and non-written books. Non-written books allow you to write it in and then name it. If you put a custom book into the tree it will have a chance to grow again in future harvests (a one round thing)

All i can think of for now. If you guys think of a special plant or tool please include it and give a desciption of what it does and how you get it(like if a special mutation, discoutn dan formula,artifact seed or requires injection or splicing)
I don't want to start a new thread for this so i use this one

Allow us to feed bannanas to the monkeyplant. After 5-6 bannans are fed to it a monkey pops out!
pizzatiger Wrote:Cherries(not sure if this is real plant..never seen any)-Give out cherry juice when non-mutated...when mutated it causes the cherries to heat up rapidly when thrown allowing for fun possibilities. It can transfer over when spliced
Could work, but just seems like the exact same thing as seething tomatoes. The idea of having an exploding gene transfer over when splicing would work well with the current tomatoes though.

Quote:Ice-flowers (possible artifact? also needs better name) - gives frozen pods when harvested. When the pods are heated it causes water to appear....When spliced it has a chance to give the given seed the same effect to one of the plants chemicals when heated
How would this work, would it spread water like a foam or would it just wet the floor as if someone had sprayed water or mopped it? If the former this could be a creaative and fun way to make foams out of botany chems.

Quote:rubber- gives blob of rubber that are good for making ghetto insulated gloves that Halves the shock damage or used to reinforce the emergancy space suits (the orange ones)
I don't know about this one. With the ubiquity of insulated gloves on the station I feel like it would become another completely unused and useless crop.

Quote:Flubber (requires injections of strange regreant in rubber seed) -Gives a flubber when harvested. Flubber when thrown keeps on moving and hitting walls...it only stops when it hits a human (doing some brute damage or been grabbed. It is also known from time to time to begin jumping by it. Also good for upgrading moon boots to give you jumpy with only a small chance of malfuction (due to flubber having a mind of it own). When spliced it gives the targeted plant a weaker version where it can only hit the walls twice instead of forever
I would say no for two reasons:
1. It would most likely cause shit-tonnes of lag.
2. It would be overpowered as fuck in a crowded room.

Quote:Thyme (mutation????)-a strange plant that leaves slow time down or speeds it up. When holding it in your active hand you speed up or down and when extracted gives a rather weak chemical version of the plant that effects chemicals only causing chemical reactions to happen slower or their effects to happen faster and makes it go through the body faster)....when spliced it slows down plants with special ability’s (good for keeping flubber as a pet without chasing him/her/it)
Could actually be fun, depending on the chemical that it injects you with as well as how much of it and if the leaves eventually run out.

Quote:Spooky seed (possible telescience reward)-rather useless by itself.....When harvested gives only a one ectoplasm and a ghostly scream (does not give seeds)
Ehh. I have no opinion on this one besides that it would make ectoplasm easier to acquire.

Quote:Haunted tree (apple mutation that requires splicing) - Gives blobs of ectoplasm when harvested...when in dark areas it has a chance of spawning ghosts or skeletons when harvested (Does NOT give seeds)
Wouldn't recommend as a normal item, but could possibly be a traitor seed.

Quote:Hissing catnip (mutation)-when harvested it gives one kitty cat (Gives no seeds)

Yes.
Cyclical Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:Cherries(not sure if this is real plant..never seen any)-Give out cherry juice when non-mutated...when mutated it causes the cherries to heat up rapidly when thrown allowing for fun possibilities. It can transfer over when spliced
Could work, but just seems like the exact same thing as seething tomatoes. The idea of having an exploding gene transfer over when splicing would work well with the current tomatoes though.

Quote:Ice-flowers (possible artifact? also needs better name) - gives frozen pods when harvested. When the pods are heated it causes water to appear....When spliced it has a chance to give the given seed the same effect to one of the plants chemicals when heated
How would this work, would it spread water like a foam or would it just wet the floor as if someone had sprayed water or mopped it? If the former this could be a creaative and fun way to make foams out of botany chems.

Quote:rubber- gives blob of rubber that are good for making ghetto insulated gloves that Halves the shock damage or used to reinforce the emergancy space suits (the orange ones)
I don't know about this one. With the ubiquity of insulated gloves on the station I feel like it would become another completely unused and useless crop.

Quote:Flubber (requires injections of strange regreant in rubber seed) -Gives a flubber when harvested. Flubber when thrown keeps on moving and hitting walls...it only stops when it hits a human (doing some brute damage or been grabbed. It is also known from time to time to begin jumping by it. Also good for upgrading moon boots to give you jumpy with only a small chance of malfuction (due to flubber having a mind of it own). When spliced it gives the targeted plant a weaker version where it can only hit the walls twice instead of forever
I would say no for two reasons:
1. It would most likely cause shit-tonnes of lag.
2. It would be overpowered as fuck in a crowded room.

Quote:Thyme (mutation????)-a strange plant that leaves slow time down or speeds it up. When holding it in your active hand you speed up or down and when extracted gives a rather weak chemical version of the plant that effects chemicals only causing chemical reactions to happen slower or their effects to happen faster and makes it go through the body faster)....when spliced it slows down plants with special ability’s (good for keeping flubber as a pet without chasing him/her/it)
Could actually be fun, depending on the chemical that it injects you with as well as how much of it and if the leaves eventually run out.

Quote:Spooky seed (possible telescience reward)-rather useless by itself.....When harvested gives only a one ectoplasm and a ghostly scream (does not give seeds)
Ehh. I have no opinion on this one besides that it would make ectoplasm easier to acquire.

Quote:Haunted tree (apple mutation that requires splicing) - Gives blobs of ectoplasm when harvested...when in dark areas it has a chance of spawning ghosts or skeletons when harvested (Does NOT give seeds)
Wouldn't recommend as a normal item, but could possibly be a traitor seed.

Quote:Hissing catnip (mutation)-when harvested it gives one kitty cat (Gives no seeds)

Yes.

Cherries-I think you missed the point. The cherrie doesn't explode when thrown....It starts heating up. This could be useful in delayed fruit gernades.

Ice pods- The idea of this one is that it locks a chemical (In the non-spliced version it would be water) into a un-usable form (ice) till it is heated up.This idea is most useful when used with the mutates cherries EXAMPLE-Lets say you splice a ice pod, and mutated cherrie and Ghost chilis. The captain placed a ban on ghost chili juice because some assitant tried killing him with it. The ice pod would take either the capsciene or the ghost chili juice and turn it into the un-useable ice. It passes the captains test as a safer ghost chili...then you throw it and the cherrie part causes it to reheat and the ghost chili juice returns!

Rubber-This can become more useful now that we have an arcsmelte. You could make a rubber shovel and bop people on the head or make a rubber armor and cause bullets/attacks to have a 20% chance to return to the attacker.

Flubber- Well strange regreant is kinda hard to get and we can make it so the plant doesn't give out seeds;plus killer tomatos are easier to make and just as deadly.It would be also cool if you could put flubber into the arcsmelter and then have flubber stuff has a .01% chance to become a living item when interacted with.

Thyme-This idea come to me from a series i read (made by Piers anthony). The idea was depending on the potentency it would slow or speed up everyone in a 3x3 area. When you extract it you get a chemical called " liquid time" that effects how chemicals react depending on the amounts used. Lets say you have one unit of time and you mix potassiam, phosphorous and suger. Instead of the reaction happen instantly it takes 10 extra seconds.If you used 20 units with meth....the meth will leave your body 20 cycles faster

Spooky seed-Not sure how you plan to harvest ectoplasma when there is only one seed, you get only one ectoplasma And you can't more seeds

Haunted tree-When i made this idea i forgot to add that is made by splicing an spooky seed and a apple tree seed. This means you have to adventure to get you ghost/skeleton farm.

Hissing catnip-Meow i say!
pizzatiger Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:

There need to be some kind of nerf to that to make sure hydroponics doesn't spam lions...which is why i made the haunted tree rather trickish to get...now if there was a mutation that made cat-nip the causes cats to attack other cats and anyone with cat-drugs.....i could see cat fight arenas where people and a bunch of farmed cats fight to the death for survival
Make the space-lion catnip a traitor item?