Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys do against stims as sec?
Aditionally, haloperidol is also found in medical dispensers, and the MDir starts with a tranq rifle in their locker, so there's no need to auth armory if the director is helpful.
Killing people on stims might be problematic because they heal the damage done, so you'd need to magdump buckshot to do something considerable. Still, landing a morphine injection or a couple darts is enough to get them into withdrawal after a couple minutes. Then they're super easy to get rid of
(03-14-2023, 08:17 AM)StaringGasMask Wrote: Aditionally, haloperidol is also found in medical dispensers, and the MDir starts with a tranq rifle in their locker, so there's no need to auth armory if the director is helpful.
Killing people on stims might be problematic because they heal the damage done, so you'd need to magdump buckshot to do something considerable. Still, landing a morphine injection or a couple darts is enough to get them into withdrawal after a couple minutes. Then they're super easy to get rid of

"If" The MD is there.
"If" The MD is helpful and not the antag.
"If" The HoS is there , no need to auth.
"If" The captain or HoP can grab it for you.

And yes... you can make tranq darts for druggies with the MD one.. but I hate to say it.
When a guy is drugged up and causing mayhem, security doesn't have time to go for "IFs"
Security has to act ASAP before half the station is dead.
And what's easier...?
Getting 3 sec units to auth armory so the whole team is DECKED OUT to fight?
Or going to medbay, asking the MD to give their tranq rifle over so 1 guy can deal with the problem?

If it's classic, trust me when I say.. you would prefer authing armory then asking the MD for help.

On RP on the other hand? Asking the MD isn't a bad thing, but you are still on a time crunch. As RP is slower it's safer to ask in RP.. but on classic, trust me the MD is probably too busy keeping the victims alive if they arne't being killed themselves.
(03-14-2023, 08:17 AM)StaringGasMask Wrote: Killing people on stims might be problematic because they heal the damage done, so you'd need to magdump buckshot to do something considerable.

This is something I didn't know about stims until I spectated someone that was on them. You are goddamn near immortal on stims if you have decent armor on - the person I was spectating got shot a bunch of times, took loads of damage, and literally ATE an MPRT-7 rocket to the face (an MPRT-7 spawned in post-round due to admemes, I'd like to clarify) and ended up fully healing from all of it. Checking the code reveals that you will heal 10 points of BRUTE and BURN and 5 points of TOX per life cycle when on stimulants, and I think it also clears away LOSEBREATH too.

Basically, to echo what everyone else has said: you've got to deplete the stimulants first before doing anything else. Unless you have some other means of disabling the person besides regular stuns (e.g. make them slip out of an airlock and into space, and pray they don't come back), those stimulants are going to make them a goddamn menace that won't be easily disabled.
(03-14-2023, 08:54 AM)Kotlol Wrote: "If" The MD is there.

If neither of these are true, just break into it. No, really, i mean it. Ask a engineer to take care of it. Or get a botanist to make morphine rafflesias/nettles. Or heck ask the chemist for explosives, cement, glue, napalm flamethrowers or an engineer to build a gravitron wall. Use the station's recources. 10 damage per life cycle can be overpowered.

Or the easiest for any command staff or sec with barriers: add a "rampager is not human law". A few shocked/bolted doors go a long way to get a stim user in control. A borg can bodyblock very well.

A robust rampager out of control which focussed their TC on countering sec is a station wide threat. It's like asking "well, how does sec handle a blob or a wraith completely alone?" at this point. They don't and they should not.

On that note. Maybe we could add morphine to the hypospray whitelist, if it is really an issue that needs more counterplay. But i doubt it.
(03-14-2023, 08:54 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 08:17 AM)StaringGasMask Wrote: Aditionally, haloperidol is also found in medical dispensers, and the MDir starts with a tranq rifle in their locker, so there's no need to auth armory if the director is helpful.

"If" The MD is there.

And yes... you can make tranq darts for druggies with the MD one.. but I hate to say it.
When a guy is drugged up and causing mayhem, security doesn't have time to go for "IFs"
Security has to act ASAP before half the station is dead.
And what's easier...?
Getting 3 sec units to auth armory so the whole team is DECKED OUT to fight?
Or going to medbay, asking the MD to give their tranq rifle over so 1 guy can deal with the problem?

If it's classic, trust me when I say.. you would prefer authing armory then asking the MD for help.

On RP on the other hand? Asking the MD isn't a bad thing, but you are still on a time crunch. As RP is slower it's safer to ask in RP.. but on classic, trust me the MD is probably too busy keeping the victims alive if they arne't being killed themselves.

I know well what goes on classic, I just said that you can get a quicker response if the MDir is alive, not that it's wrong to authorize the armory. And besides, sometimes there aren't 3 secoffs or people with sec access due to low population of the server or the antags doing their jobs properly. Then you want to have alternative options, don't you? (It's not like hacking into the armory is hard anyways)