Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys do against stims as sec?
Typically people use stims when they themselves have weapons or stuns, and security doesn't usually have access to morphine and halo combined with the healing stims give, that person could probably take on the entire security team. So what do you do?
Lethals?

If the target combat stuns effectively, pull out the big guns.

Also, stinger and cryogrenades could work
Basicly put...If someone has stun immunity, strong stun resistance and keeps escaping and causing more havoc.
We pull out lethals. Cause at that point they will have to go to one destination.

MEDBAY.

They could have medicine or something to recover, but those live rounds you put em in them will cause issues and slow em down.
As far as I know they would have to get drunk and remove the bullets themselves somehow.

This means for lethals they need a scapel and healing items with them, on top of stim/anti stun methodes. Wich they could bring in a box but then inventory management becomes a nightmare XD

But most importantly. Lethals forces them to stop moving, since if they do heal.. they gotta stop somewhere to heal.
Even changelings / vamps who have abillities to heal themselves. Most of these they have to stop moving or use a lot of resources to do so.

So yes as Lord_earthfire says.. even if the rampaging antag is doing non lethal stuff and just being an entire menance to the station by thrown pee-balloons at everyone. You go lethal... even in RP... cause they escalated it by avoiding arrest and taking drugs to avoid capture to keep up their silly rampage of annoyance.

Yes, even antags who DO NOT KILL but avoid capture for a long time by causing a station wide disturbance, can be used lethals on. As proven once by an Arcfiend that just kept teleporting everywhere and taking a lil bit of power. After 10 mins of casing them... I asked HoS: "Can we use lethals to stop him? Cause they disappear before we can stun fully." The HoS was like: "Go ahead. we tried reasoning with it and capturing it." So everytime we got a shot in, we used lethals. Eventually they couldn't stop running anymore and booked em.
Got a lot more information out of this than i thought i would thanks!
play defensively, people get overconfident and open themselves up to mistakes thinking "lol my stims will take care of it"
Kill them. Like, if i cannot arrest or control someone and cannot calm them down and they're violent i kill'em. I have a station to protect.
Armory will also have the tranq rifle and some haloperidol darts to counter act the stimulants
Oh that too if we happen to have an hos
(03-10-2023, 03:22 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: Oh that too if we happen to have an hos

You only need 3 sec members or 1 captain and 2 sec members to open it for everyone.
Authing the armory cause some guy took space speed is a lil silly.
You have no HoS Silent.
Authing for a guy on space speed and causing too much problems just so you can get a tranq rifle? Hell yes.
Other wise you need a MD and someone to make specific tranqs.

Yes there are ways to deal with this non lethally but using every department.. but as you said... It's a lil silly to auth armory for a space speed staffy.
IMAGINE HOW SILLY IT IS HAVING SCIENCE, ENGINEERING, SECURITY AND MEDBAY WORKING TOGETHER TO STOP 1 GUY ON SPACE SPEED.

It would just be easier....to auth armory or kill the guy no? Wich is still extreme in both cases.

Authing armory so you can tranq the bastard seems more reasonable then murdering them the ole fashion way.
Honestly, authing the armory should happen much more frequently than it does, anyway.

And yes, authing the armory to stop a person on space speed is not silly when they go shooting around with a shotgun. Like in real life special forces use lethal force to stop a single person from killing others.
Use the morphine auto injectors, this is one of their intended uses. A single injector will knock a significant amount of time off their stims. They're also single click instant use devices.
My biggest issue with authing armory(at least on goon1) is there are always those people that start looting everything in there and they all always get mad when I try to take it back. Often enough the other secoffs are the culprits too. The amount of time and effort it takes to keep people from looting it is really just not worth it
(03-11-2023, 10:33 AM)NanoDano Wrote: My biggest issue with authing armory(at least on goon1) is there are always those people that start looting everything in there and they all always get mad when I try to take it back. Often enough the other secoffs are the culprits too. The amount of time and effort it takes to keep people from looting it is really just not worth it

This behaviour is what turns me away from Goon 1. The chaos is fun, but exhausting on it's own. But it's how people act... I seen this from players coming from Goon 1 to Goon 3. Some learn, some give up on RP and become grey tiders since Security tell them "Don't break and enter" or if they are Sec: "Don't just arrest someone cause they have contraband." or if they are antag: "Boom"

Anyhow.... this sounds like an ahelp problem/behaviour problem. But opening armory for this stuff is 100% okay.