Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Item Suggestion: Camera Shy Stickers
A salvager/general antagonist TC or Spief item (like 3 tc for 10 or something and a moderate purcahse for salvagers for a couple) that if affixed to a pod, person, or object, rended it as a 'blurry' field like on a stealth field projector to any silicon looking at them OR to ai cameras.

The item would last 2-3 minutes and give a message when its about to wear off.

Reason it would be good:

One of the biggest opponents of antags suck as traitors, spiefs, and salvagers, is the AI or a borg catching them early game and locking them down.

A sticker that made them difficult/ impossible  to see by a silicon for a short period of time would allow them to do their crimes without the constant risk of the AI spotting them, since cutting camera's alerts the AI/borgs anyway and sec as well to come look in the area. The stickers would also make you invisible to people looking through security cameras, so, it would be the ultimate in 'you gotta actually catch me' items

I feel that the big brother game is one of the most discouraging and disruptive things TO many antag plays, and the ability to briefly go off camera would greatly assist them in doing their crime and force security to do more work other then just asking the AI to find them and then the whole ;unknown' game and that.
That actually sounds awesome, imagine sticking them to ttvs and planting them in open areas
This is not a bad idea... cause now AI and silicons cannot rat out WHO or WHAT they are seeing, but at the same time... mechanically they know it's BAD.

Also you can plant some on other players and objects and confuse AI/Silicons even more. Add a voice changer and you can pretend to be a crewmate to a silicon by voice reconigistion and pretend you were stickered by an antag.

Or make the silicon/AI be very supicious of another player/mime.

Eitherway... these items will hint to silicons: "THERE IS AN ANTAGONIST ON BOARD!" Or even point out: "This is an antag/antag item, security come here asap!"

So yea... this is a great item that can make things spicy.
Would these stickers interfere with non-ai vision? If they messed with Mesons or certain other vision augments (thermal goggles or night vision goggles), they might allow for some real shenanigans.

Basically, would these stickers synergize with the cloaking device to make people using both items at the same time fully invisible to everyone, even those with thermal vision?
My opinion... they shouldn't make them invisible. But just wherever the sticker goes it just show "static"

Thus putting it on creatures or bots will confuse AI's even more.
I like the idea but personally the abundance of cameras in the maintenance tunnels tends to be the worst offender when it comes to lots of antag rounds being ended early through little to no fault of the antag, and just because a AI happened to be flying by and didn't want to play along.
Maint tunnels generally just feel like quick shortcuts, with how well lit and monitored they are, and it would be wonderful to have less camera coverage there so they actually feel more isolated and work more as a place you'd rather not be caught alone in.

I love this idea for an item but i don't think it should be the only step taken in stopping a quick glancing AI from ratting out someone with a PDA out 10 minutes in.
(03-06-2023, 05:47 PM)colossusqw Wrote: I love this idea for an item but i don't think it should be the only step taken in stopping a quick glancing AI from ratting out someone with a PDA out 10 minutes in.

big simple work around for that, whenever i spawn traitor and do my normal setup ( IE: id in pda, pda in id slot) i'll activate my PDA in hand before putting it into my ID slot, and do my uplink shinanigans from there.
EZ tips for not being caught watching your PDA for a min while your're doing Sneaky syndie things.

But the idea of a sticker that prevents the AI or borgs from instant valid hunting sounds great. Some of our stations AI's are very effective at just weeding out the traitors and instantly sounding the alarm on them from second one of them just spawning in. so shutting that down asap is great. plus it makes for great diversions where you could stick it onto ANYTHING and now the ai is hyper fixed on that one area trying to figure out what's making their cams not work.
the idea was it will make borgs/ais not able to see you, and camera's not able to see you. You'd have either a bit of static or maybe the indistinct immaterial and hard to see shapes that ghost drones see for humans.

being able to put it on objects or other critters or even players is a fantastic idea, and I think it WOULD create anew meta of playing mindgames AGAINST the ai, who themself is a master of mind games. watch the ai go into a panic seeing something moving around rapidly they can't see just to find out its a tripple methed up monkey.
(03-07-2023, 06:28 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: the idea was it will make borgs/ais not able to see you, and camera's not able to see you. You'd have either a bit of static or maybe the indistinct immaterial and hard to see shapes that ghost drones see for humans.

being able to put it on objects or other critters or even players is a fantastic idea, and I think it WOULD create  anew meta of playing mindgames AGAINST the ai, who themself is a master of mind games. watch the ai go into a panic seeing something moving around rapidly they can't see just to find out its a tripple methed up monkey.

Exactly.. we went from "Basic item to make you invisible from AI/cams"
To.. "Yes there is an antagonist here putting stickers on, but it's messing with the AI too."

You can even now use the stickers in a multitude of items to create a "BLINDSPOT"

Or heck.. combine it with Antag Capsules and unleash a space-bear with a sticker.