Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some conspiracy change ideas
Right now, there's a bit of a sentiment i've seen shared around discord(which i agree with) that conspiracy can be very hit or miss, mostly due to no one really coordinating or acting together and scattering about, each doing their own petty crime. Conspiracy feels like it lacks direction, being honest, a lot of times when you join with your fellow conspirators no one really steps up to make a plan or everyone just disagrees and goes their own way. I propose to fix this by randomly assigning a conspiracy leader, which would coordinate the team. This would lead to more concise and well planned/acted out conspiracies, and less just 5 random people running around on their own and stealing stuff.

Additionally, i think having the HoP and captain in a conspiracy could be changed, as they effectively just give the whole group all access from the start, which can be a bit much and just end up being very chaotic rather than fun for most people on RP.
I recommend something like this and a system for them to get a few antag items when they "decide" their objective.

If they wanna be silly, they can be.
If the wanna be destructive, they can be.
If they wanna be controlling, they can be.

When the objective is chosen they get items from "Those pools"
(03-02-2023, 08:01 AM)colossusqw Wrote:  I propose to fix this by randomly assigning a conspiracy leader, which would coordinate the team. 

I'd rather have a 'head conspirator' antag role rather than having it randomly assigned. I've been a good antag like, once at best. All other times have been humiliating, and I'd rather not drag people into my messes. Either that or have a way of being able to pass on leadership, like a special ceremony or hidden item.
yeah i agree, make it a role and leave it toggleable
Other thing: give conspirators an overlay showing them who the other conspirators are, like nukies/revs. Might make them more inclined to stick together/coordinate.
Having a head conspirator would be pretty nice, more organization for them and a leader to guide. For items I'm not sure, maybe the head could have a normal uplink which they'd need to choose carefully from, or each conspirator getting a very limited number of TC to spend? I don't know, or even just give them a limited selection of items, like chameleon outfit and not very game-changing items to have acces to
I agree. I've seen these discussions in the discord as well, and personally find Conspiracy rounds to be underwhelming a majority of the time, for both the conspirators and the station. Sometimes the conspiracy is really good, but that is definitely the outlier to the norm.

I really like the idea of "item pools" for the "types" of conspiracies that they may come up with.

I also agree that Conspirators should be able to see their co-conspirators with an overlay. It would make cooperation easier to manage.

Captain and HoP should probably have lower chances to be conspirator for above reasons. And I think the Conspiracy Leader role would be a great addition to implement these.