Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ctrl+midclick to cycle intents.
A shortcut to cycle intents would be much better than having to hunt for those tiny buttons. 60% robust improvement to the UI.
Or you could use 1-4 to change it instead. I think a few other servers do this. Although this makes some actions extremely easy to do, like going from other intents to choking and throwing.
DrivetimeMozol Wrote:Or you could use 1-4 to change it instead. I think a few other servers do this. Although this makes some actions extremely easy to do, like going from other intents to choking and throwing.
I like this idea. 1-4 buttons seem less finicky than the middle mouse button.
Not everyone uses WASD. It has to work for both halves of the keyboard.
Clarks Wrote:Not everyone uses WASD. It has to work for both halves of the keyboard.
So the keypad?
KikiMofo Wrote:So the keypad?
Laptops don't have a keypad
Readster Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:So the keypad?
Laptops don't have a keypad
mine does :/
Clarks Wrote:Not everyone uses WASD. It has to work for both halves of the keyboard.

According to tgstations' wiki it says they use Insert and Numpad 0 to cycle intents. Neither of those are mapped on goon. Just add in the 1-4 for wasd and you're good, if you really want to do this. Seems like punch --> choking and stuff like it might be even easier to do so idk if everyone would want that.
I never use WASD and I don't see the problem with 1-4 keys being used.
1, 2, 3, and 4 could also be useful for Borgs for switching what active thing they have, since they don't really have any use for intents.
Zamujasa Wrote:1, 2, 3, and 4 could also be useful for Borgs for switching what active thing they have, since they don't really have any use for intents.
Yes! Dear lord, yes! This would be amazing.
I'd rather get rid of intents altogether
erotic dad Wrote:I'd rather get rid of intents altogether
controversy!
How would that work? Expand on the target doll?
It'd be a pretty indepth reworking of the game mechanics but I was imagining using the 1-9 action bar system you've probably seen on the remake screenshots, and whatever you click performs the action you have highlighted. Like everyone gets a Punch or Help action they're free to rearrange or unequip, then individual items can be dragged from the inventory to quickly equip them or something.