Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
robotics docks power issue
(02-27-2023, 11:35 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Kotlol Wrote: That or just temporarely disconnect charging stations from the APCs and just have them charge borgs for free for now, till we can fix it.

Right now a bandaid fix is needed asap.

I can't comment on how severe this issue is as a non-roboticist, but this might be fine if the problem is that severe and the community is willing to work together to fast-track an improvement to the power system. That or we roll-back the changes made to power consumption until the way that station power is managed is improved and won't lead to borg-related blackouts.

Of course, having borgs give totally free electrical power isn't something that the game should have long-term.

I played one shift as a robotcist where my objective was "Keep 3 borgs alive"
Not that hard.. but when I loaded both cyborg charging stations within 10 mins my APC was out even with the engine running (Donut 3)
Of course we had to replace to cell to keep going, but an actual busy robotcist lab. Aka fabricating, charging borgs and batteries and such.. will drain fast.
It also means borg players have to get out in time of their chargers to not drain the APC.

It can be worked around, but it's fairly annoying.

BUT... I can see this being a HUUUUUUUGE problem with an engineer/robotcist antag combo.
How? Engineer keeps making cyborg charging stations as a robotcist keeps building borgs.
Heck you don't even need a robotcist. You just need powercells and the robot fabricator to make your own "free to open key" and "power sink"

Remember if you push inactive borgs against doors they will open them for you.... Now this hasn't happened yet as an antag, but... cyborg charging stations across the map with borgs in them as an engineer to drain the power or even SHUT DOWN THE ENGINE?! Yea.. you can see this as a possible abuse and annoyanc

Messages In This Thread
robotics docks power issue - by Retrino - 02-25-2023, 06:59 PM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by Waffleloffle - 02-25-2023, 07:27 PM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by Decarcassor - 02-26-2023, 01:34 AM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by Kotlol - 02-26-2023, 12:41 PM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by Zamujasa - 02-26-2023, 02:14 PM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by BatElite - 02-27-2023, 08:57 AM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by Kotlol - 02-27-2023, 09:28 AM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by Kotlol - 02-27-2023, 01:00 PM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by Zamujasa - 02-27-2023, 02:08 PM
RE: robotics docks power issue - by TDHooligan - 02-27-2023, 06:52 PM