Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security inventory scanners
Sad 
When you get arrested by security, for crime or not, you wanna be in security for as little time as possible. So it can be annoying to watch your arrester rummage through your items, taking forever, or even leaving your items on the floor.

But what if security didn't have to take off backpacks and rummage through a person's inventory? That's where the inventory scanners would come in, slap a cuffed person in a pod much like genesci has and it will allow the officer to see each and every item the person has.

After that the officer could click on the items they want to remove and they would pop out with no action bar for the officer to take to a vault. Maybe even press a button to send the arrested into the brig.

This would reduce the time arrested people would have to stay in the brig. Plus make it easier for an officers to search and brig. Sounds like an overall less annoying experience to me.
No.

You really want security to make a half-assed job at searching you. Not looking into a box, forgetting your pockets, that kind of stuff.

The amount if times i came through searches despite carrying traitor gear with me is kinda high.

Automating this would make the search process far more accurate. And this us really not good. Above that, it would remove shenanigans and interactions while searching. Giving your backpack first is an effective way to buy time to rummage your belt/pockets for your actual gear.

Besides, this would just encourage more searches. Because it takes sec time as well, many do not make it for a thing like an interrogation.
I requested such a thing before.. a simple "search device" pod in security to quickly check for contraband.

But now that I think of it.. that would be a BUFF FOR SECURITY!
Yes a QoL update for Security in this way is a BUFF.

By making it cumbersome as Lord_earthfire says.. it allows antags to time their attacks INSIDE of security.
Wait for that moment to break the cuffs, grab a grenade and gun and do massive damage in security.

It depends on how you want to set your plan of attack.

And even my pod idea still requires you to drag em into security, putting them in a pod and scanning them. Wich still takes time wich allows the traitor to break out of the pod and blast you. (As they are still having their items in the pod and the pod is therefore it's an alternative over strip searching, easier to do, but leave a potential traitor able to break out of it and grab a gun)
I'd rather security be lazy and not search everything. If security finds everything FUN on you that easily it can just lead to antags getting caught faster and removes the FUN of the round. Just my opinion though. I personally think sec shouldn't be strip searching prisoners unless they were caught red handed murdering someone. Just remove their belt and backpack and keep it till they are released.
We technically have these, they're just mounted to the floor in certain areas and spit out an alert when you pass through them and it detects a high contraband value.
No. Security officers being sloppy with searching is the point of several traitor items and several trap items like mouse trap bombs