Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salvager QoL
New salvagers are great, lots of fun, I just have two small things I think would make the experience smoother. Personally I want there to be some quick way to get a new pod, as they can often be destroyed when you have to ditch and teleport home. This can leave you stranded if you don't know about pod building, and building a pod takes a lot of time, especially when it takes a good portion of the round to build up credits on classic. This could either be a pod generator, I think I've seen those that make escape pods on destiny, or some way to purchasse a new pod with the salvager currency.

Secondly I think it'd be nice to have a spare tools room with more deconstruction tools, or a way to buy them with the credits. Lots of new salvagers seem to be immediately dunking their tools in deep fryers etc.
Could give them a pod wars style pod generator, and decon tools should probably be doing the pre-attack override thing so they don't get deepfried.
So, playing today I noticed that the defenses of the magpie are straight up an unwarned instagib the moment you set foot in. This not only causes people to be confused, as it's not telegraphed or told in any ways, it also prevents salvagers from setting up certain gimmicks.

Instead of that, I'd personally like having some way of allowing certain people through, such as a forcefield that only salvagers can toggle on and off, or a whitelist that would disable the instagib for a certain set of people. Both of these ways would still prevent validhunters from immediately raiding the magpie the moment a salvager leaves their pod unlocked, but it would also give them more freedom to deal with people in their base.

Finally, if neither of these, or any alternative, are acceptable, I think that at least adding some hint towards a permanent, inevitable death if you continue going forward would be an improvement.
(03-06-2023, 08:21 AM)StaringGasMask Wrote: So, playing today I noticed that the defenses of the magpie are straight up an unwarned instagib the moment you set foot in. This not only causes people to be confused, as it's not telegraphed or told in any ways, it also prevents salvagers from setting up certain gimmicks.

Yeah i was confused when i heard they did that, nukie pods already lock non nukies out so why do salvager pods instantly end peoples round with no warning? Not to mention they would have to be dead a lot longer than on a nukie round
(03-06-2023, 11:17 AM)NanoDano Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 08:21 AM)StaringGasMask Wrote: So, playing today I noticed that the defenses of the magpie are straight up an unwarned instagib the moment you set foot in. This not only causes people to be confused, as it's not telegraphed or told in any ways, it also prevents salvagers from setting up certain gimmicks.

Yeah i was confused when i heard they did that, nukie pods already lock non nukies out so why do salvager pods instantly end peoples round with no warning? Not to mention they would have to be dead a lot longer than on a nukie round

It's not that the pods gib the players. The pods can be locked the same way nukie pods can. Thing is, those locks can be cracked like safes can, and if they are unlocked and you jump to their ship (the magpie), you'll get gibbed the moment you touch the floor
(03-06-2023, 11:32 AM)StaringGasMask Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 11:17 AM)NanoDano Wrote:

It's not that the pods gib the players. The pods can be locked the same way nukie pods can. Thing is, those locks can be cracked like safes can, and if they are unlocked and you jump to their ship (the magpie), you'll get gibbed the moment you touch the floor

That sucks... you are getting punished for being smart and creative.
I would be fine if you have to fight off security systems...but insta-death?

This will also prevent any type of kidnapping scenerio.