Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a drug that can cure Addiction
(02-20-2023, 10:33 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: The only feeling i have against this this chem is the blocking of stimulants and having two bottles of it in medbay on round start.  Medbay is already overloaded with chemicals that could normally be sourced from somewhere else. And stimulants already suffer hard from haloperidol and this is an even harder counter.

That's fair - the amount available can be reduced. I just figured having two would be good in service of allowing Medbay to freely dispense it to crewmembers that came by to have their addictions cured, rather than hoarding it to try and save it for dealing with any crazed lunatics that show up. Given that 5u per patient would probably be more than enough to cure single addictions, though, having one bottle might be enough.

As for stimulants, the effect could be tweaked to simply reduce the duration of the effect, to be more in line with other drugs that do the same, such as Morphine, Sulfonal, Ether, and Haloperidol, although I feel that outright blocking certain psychosis effects should stay. (This drug also doesn't have the benefit of coming pre-packaged into sec's tranquilizer darts for easy delivery, I guess.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by RelentlessGarbage - 02-21-2023, 04:32 AM
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by Mouse - 02-21-2023, 10:09 AM