Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Decarabia feedback/bugs thread
Rainbow 
Hi hi! Will make this thread fancier in the future but please report any bugs, weirdness and feedback you have for the WIP map Decarabia here. queen greater domestic space-bee
smile Only thing I saw in the very short time I got to play was there was a neat little maint bar or something northish of security and the doors were labeled medbay lobby.

Walpedit: fixed!
Hallway door to tool storage near security does not have access set correctly. I could enter into it from the door in maintenance but not the public hallway facing door.

Walpedit: Whups, accidentally gave it EVA storage access :x This is now fixed, and it has Maint Access on both doors.
(02-18-2023, 02:48 PM)walpvrgis Wrote: Hi hi! Will make this thread fancier in the future but please report any bugs, weirdness and feedback you have for the WIP map Decarabia here. queen greater domestic space-bee

The main thing I noticed was that QM doesn't have a barcode computer. Amazing map tho!

Walpedit: I can't believe I missed this! Poor cargo had such a bad time during the playtest oh man. It'll be there for the next one. : )
Hi! I love the map.

The two doors above the bartender's serving area are kitchen access only, meaning the bartender can't leave through them, which, unless i missed a alternate door, means that the bartender cannot leave at all!

Walpedit: This is super cursed and I can't believe I missed this :waa:!! Fixed!
a couple key things from my robotics experience:

the north door is a cruel joke that leads to a wall (admins told me it was intentional but i dont buy it)
robotics doesnt start with any wires, while there is a box relatively close by in emergency storage i feel it would be better to have a box in there

also not sure if its a bug with the server or we just got really unlucky be we didnt have an AI at the start of the round.

otherwise its a great looking map that would definitely fit well in rotation once everything is ironed out.

Walpedit: With my definitely-on-purpose Fun Wall Prank witnessed, it has now been retired and is now a normal door. Also the lack of AI was actually part of the event (but appears to have caused more confusion than Weirdness so prolly won't do that next time, lmao).
The chemistry dispenser in the bar doesn't work! The UI is bugged and ununusuable! Otherwise, no complaints

Walpedit: This is another one of those "I can't believe you've done this (walp)" mistakes lmao, fixed. : )
Very impressed with everything - the overall design is really good.
only thing i noticed is that little tidbits might be missing (ashtrays, bits of decor for empty tables in hallways etcetera) - probably worth scouring other stations for the tiny little bits

Walpedit: I would say fixed but I think to fully complete Tidbits saturation I want to make some new lil random objects >smile So that's on my to-do now
Things i noticed as a miner:
* There's a floating wire by the escape pods in the escape dock.
* The medical outpost by engineering doesnt have access set on its thin doors.
* The quantum telescope is pretty far away from the magnet control terminal.
* Debris field was empty and mining level was nonexistant, though maybe because of the event.

Walpedit: First three fixed, last one was a quirk of the event!
Things I noticed as the Detective:
*so many cameras were labelled as detective's office
*and a few doors were labelled way off
I really liked it, but I felt like engineering storage was in an awkward position, and the spread out nature (eva gear on one side, tools and metal sheets in a completely different room that's decentralized) made it a bit hard to gather equipment.

Also, I noticed that the emergency storage rooms were off access to engies, which was a bit odd design-wise.

Don't get me wrong, however, the map itself is fucking amazing. The amount of attention to detail in every nook and cranny is amazing.

Walpedit: While all four (including EVA) emergency/tool storages are pretty well-stocked and spread out so that there's coverage across the map when it comes to emergency supplies, I agree that EVA itself could use a redesign so I'm putting that onto my to-do smile
I liked the map a lot, although I noticed that the turret inside the armory isn't in a good spot, cause a lot of things in the armory are just blocking it. Also, seemed the ghost drone factory wasn't working.

Walpedit: Fixed ghost drone factory, but gonna look into reshuffling some of the eastern rooms in security so that's on my to-do now : )
Decarabia was beautiful beyond expression, the attention to every detail exquisite, all throughout the station.
Some minor bugs I noted during my time walking around the station, admiring the many sights:
- Jazz Lounge doors mislabelled as Medbay Lobby.
- Mining doors mislabelled as Submarine Bay.
- Chaplain cannot open funeral mass driver door.
lovely, very beautiful map! the work put into it really shows, it looks amazing and has such a unique vibe to it... loved all the little vistas that were created with the windows and translucent floors and whatnot, really great stuff

it seemed HUGE to me, perhaps even bigger than ozy, though a huge part of that was because I was completely unfamiliar with the layout. once I got lost in an inner room or in a crook of maintenance, it was pretty hard to get myself back to the public hallways with the guides on them. the ability to orient yourself through a central path is one of the strengths of the "circle map" design, and while I don't think it's a design flaw or even not its own design choice to pursue something different, it does make the experience a bit overwhelming for someone going in blind

in terms of gameplay, the only real issue I noticed was that some bigwide stretches of hallway were so open that it seemed very difficult to repressurize areas once a hole had been blown in the floor. this is probably going to be a pretty big issue on classic especially, which has the pop to actually nicely fill the station. partitioning up some of the bigger public halls into smaller chunks may help, though I dunno if that'll have an impact on performance
I think its a gorgeous map so far, and the event for it was a hoot of a whole bit of fun!
I think the only concern with this thread that if the event was to gather information as to how Decarabia is, it's probably not going to be the best or most...helpful thing. Its hard to tell what issues are going to be purposeful in the event, against what issues are genuine. 

I'm a bit confused as to what is the special gimmick or idea for Decarabia is, I assumed it was a mall or maybe odd but I'm curious as to what it is since I'm unsure. It is very very pretty though!

I played Sec, and all in all I think it was a lot of fun! I had some trouble finding the trash, and some of the layout makes it difficult to find where the token requisition for gear is/trash/brig. This could be because I ended up spawning in an odd foyer like area, that led to the pods. It was a long hall. It looks nice, but is a little confusing due to how much distance there is between these aspects of Security. Same with a lot of kind of excessive red usages in the security posts, which makes it appear as the Main Sec area rather than an outpost like in other maps.

With the size of Decarabia, I think it might help to have a bit more visual cues or pointers to where certain departments are. There's some nice twofer directions, but nothing much bigger than that so I end up feeling really lost, and relying on GPS a lot. This would probably be less of an issue as it is played more, but currently it's a little bit of a maze.

No Radio Station feels like a bit of an issue, and a lack of a debris field more so as someone who loves mining. Not sure if that was because of the event or not, though!
Cloning Pods are oriented a bit odd. They aren't facing the correct way, and should look a full green. Additionally, the glass tables should likely be reinforced in medical, as otherwise its a hazard and not really much use for med.