Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove contraband access from Regional Director
Simple suggestion, not entirely sure if they actually do have the access but I'm pretty sure (shame on me if not). In my opinion no gimmick job should be able to open contraband lockers, it's a niche situation but it can get frustrating when someone outside of sec is just clicking on things and looking at them (if they're new or something), leaving the locker open or going "oh shit loot", which to be fair if they take antag loot and valid hunt with it that's an ahelpable situation. If there's any other gimmick jobs with contraband access I'd argue those to be removed too.
Regional has that? Ooh yeesh... I do think regional should have similiar to cap's access levels cept cap office.

But I think the biggest problem is that most people don't understand the Regional Gimmick role.
I'd say lock it behind x Amount of roles like *drumroll* .... The Captain's role.

That might fix things. But other wise... Gimmick Roles should be able to do their gimmick to the fullest.
Lawyers became a problem with Sec access, but now on some maps Lawyers cannot even access the "legal closet" (wich is bad)

Also I think Regionals isn't a consitent problem to tackle. I think Inspectors can also open Contraband lockers.
Infact... I think contraband locker access is a SECURITY ACCESS thing in general.
So you are saying all gimmick roles should have no sec access AT ALL.

Even the wiki says it:
Security: Security/Brig
SecTech Vendors
Secbots
SecMate computer
Confiscated Items crate/locker

So we are kinda doing the whole: "Lawyer problem again"
We could just split contraband into its own access level, like how gun permits are under the sec umbrella in the ID computer. I'm not sure what the logistics of doing that code wise are.
contraband already is an access level, not that removing it from someone with id console access would be all that effective anyway
Yeah that's fair.