Otto Stockholm's Head of Security Application
Heart 
Usual character name: Otto Stockholm a greater domestic space-bee that's gunna cause some trouble

BYOND username: YourMilkCookies

Discord username: MilkCookies#2351

Goon servers you play: 3 & 4

Reason for application: I've applied in the past, but I feel I've learned a lot since then, and I'm ready to try again. I have plenty of experience, and I'm more than positive I have what it takes to take on the role. I enjoy taking the lead in security already, and often do when I can. I've been told mulitiple times by several people that I am fit for the title, and I personally think I'm ready for it.

Security experience (300 word minimum): 

I've played goon since early January 2022, and I remember being interested in the Security role as soon as it opened up for me. Since it has opened, I've played plenty, PLENTY of time as the role. 9 out of 10 of my games are Security and I've learned and grown a lot since I started. My best trait, in my opinion, is my communication. I keep in touch with officers, as well as the crew, and command. As I said before, I always take point when I can. I love to guide the team, and others say I do outstanding work when I do, And I feel very comfortable in doing so.

To continue, I've also learned how to keep my composure during stressful situations, and don't let the stress of too much going on effect how I perform. I've never lashed out at someone in OOC if they mess up something, nor if I get upset. I've always been calm, and easy-going no matter how tough things get, and I understand that losing is part of the game sometimes. As I've played security so often, I've become very confident in my ability to give out fair, and proper punishments ranging from Syndicate Operatives with bombs, to a clown slipping a doctor with their PDA and farting on them.

One thing that I take a lot of pride in, is my ability to robust. Of course, you can't win them all, but I damn well try. I love seeing a number of officers work together, and talk together to accomplish a bigger, or more difficult goal. Not only that, it just feels nice to accomplish such a thing using your resources. Another trait of mine, is my ability to talk, and work with antagonists to create a more lively, and interesting story.

On top of all of that, I'm fun to interact with, wheither that be interacting with me as a friend, or enemy in some situations. Either way, others enjoy seeing me when I show up. That sums up most of my experience in Security.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Being security doesn't mean you own the place. It's always a must to listen to your higher ups, and keep in touch with your team, because that's what you are, a team. It's always alright to ask for help if you don't know something, or need help with a certain situation. Your team is there to aid you. The punishment you should give someone is not always clear, and in those situations it's good to refer to others for help, and if you do get something wrong, mistakes is how you learn. You can only get better from failure, and learning to give proper brig sentences is not something you can learn from the wiki, It's something you learn from experience, and of course, you will get confused, and mess up sometimes. But it's all part of learning.

• What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I have a few moments that come to mind, one of them being where I was a Officer, and we had a full team. And shortly after the shift begun, there was an alarm that said something about syndicate equipment being detected nearby the station. And soon, there was a whole team of operatives on station, threatening everyone with a nuculear weapon. It's not often that you see Nukes on RP, and the situation was very fun, and ended up being a highlight of my security experience, having to roleplay out such a situation.

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    A re-work of the SecHud system. I've heard this be said a lot, and I couldn't agree more. The system works fine, but sometimes, I feel like some things are not used. For example, the incarcerated status on the sechud, most of the time is not used, only because it's a pain sometimes, and you've got bigger issues. I think that if the system was automated, the status would be used more, and would benefit security by doing so.

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When you are a part of a full security team, It's a blast, especially when your team communicates and works well together. You'll work with your team to accomplish bigger problems, and be more efficient. However, working by yourself without a team can be a bit more of a challenge. You have to be a lot more careful, as you are the only line of defense between the crew and chaos. And if you do end up dying, and getting cloned after, theres a hight chance you won't be getting your gear back.To sum it up, If you have a team you have a lot to work with. You have back up if things go south, extra pairs of eyes, and lots of options. If you're working solo, you have to be a lot more careful with your actions, and you'll end up being a lot more on edge by yourself.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

A Syndicate is red

Nanotrasen is blue

An assistant with tools

A clown trips on his shoe

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

Something I've always thought that would at least be different, is some kind of pajama, or costume day. It's a fun, and harmless gimmick, and It would be fun to see security running around in their PJ's.  Sleeping bee 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):g about it will):

None.
Generally seen good, calm, rp-oriented officer work from Milkcookies. In approval currently.
I've seen Otto in game quite a bit, particularly on 4. They usually do work Security, and they are a wonderful officer to work with. They're very calm and polite, and they aren't too harsh or too lenient. They give antags a chance to antag, whilst also knowing when it's time to put their foot down. I think this is an incredibly important trait for Security, especially the HoS. They work great in team settings, which is also very important. They're the kind of person I want to work with more, and I can definitely see them filling the role of HoS quite well!
Actually, i think Otto could be a good HoS, he got a great responsability when playing as sec, and is great at team-work, he creates oppurtunities of RP, give a chance to antagonists, i saw him a lot in 4 and i believe he deserves, he is the kind of person that should try to become a HoS. +1
A very friendly, competent, and regular face in security. I've worked with Otto on my team countless times, as well as facing them as an antagonist. I can say without a doubt they are fair in their dealings with antags and crew alike, they are extremely communicative, great with RP, and calm under pressure. I think they'd do great.
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a HoS. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our HoS Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.