Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Pod
Deep within space, there's what seems to be a derelict station taken over by renegade martian warriors. The one at the door will trade with you. However if you go past him and explore the rest of the flesh amassed station, there you will have to fight wave after wave of martians. And at the end, a prize? Nothing really.
Well, my submission for something that could be there, in the bottom right of the station.
Something worth fighting for.[*]I
An Alien pod
[Image: kiEm8lk.png]
[Image: NoEiLF4.png]
[Image: 4Do5ywR.png]
[Image: ruaxdFU.png]
[Image: 3U0Mk0g.png]
I used the same palette as the wall,floor and green flesh of the martian, so it looks and feels martiany. It's only shades of pink,red and green.
So what's the pro's/con's between this and other human pods?
Pros:
  • It acts (read coded) similarly like a pod, with command armor. Warps, fits 2 people, moves same speed, has a primary and secondary function, goes on fire and blows up.
  • Due to the fact that it's mostly organic, emp shots, like tasers have no effect on it whatsoever
  • Its primary function is its weapon, which shoots green projectiles (same projectile as the old radbow shot) which damages at the same effect as a laser (burn damage). However hitting human targets, like that nerd with a jetpack, it inflicts small amounts of cyanide into their system. Bioterrorism.
  • It's secondary function is its statis mode. Statis mode requires the person to be in the pod, and the pod to be stationary. It will start to repair the damage done slowly, knitting back its flesh
Cons
  • There's only one. And it's at the end of a platoon of brain exploding martians. Go figure
  • Hitting it with a welder only damages it. Only the secondary function statis mode heals it.
  • Similarly, hitting it with a crowbar only damages it too. There is no maintenance panel on this pod, so you can't take out it's gun and put it in another

Come on. You know you want to fly around in this monster. It's saved as martianrogue.png, so I suppose that's it's name.
Yes. I would love there to be something worth the trip into that ship. Also can it have a lock already on it if there is no hatch? I don't want to go all the way through all that just to get my fancy pod jacked when I could just beat the Xdrone and make my own gold pod with a lock on it.
There is, in fact, something at the end of the Martian derelict that can be worth the trip if you're into that kind of thing. And no, I'm not talking about the Cat Heads.

Nevertheless, a more tangible reward is good too.
KikiMofo Wrote:Yes. I would love there to be something worth the trip into that ship. Also can it have a lock already on it if there is no hatch? I don't want to go all the way through all that just to get my fancy pod jacked when I could just beat the Xdrone and make my own gold pod with a lock on it.

I don't see why not.

Embolism Wrote:There is, in fact, something at the end of the Martian derelict that can be worth the trip if you're into that kind of thing. And no, I'm not talking about the Cat Heads.

Nevertheless, a more tangible reward is good too.

Less about tangible and more martian related. I'd of suggested that there should be something martian related on the mars z-level but I presume there is as I haven't actually seen it yet.
It's a police baton. It is The Shit[super]TM[/super]. Not really martian-related, though.
Police baton can just be telescienced in though or is there even more in there I don't know about?
Can it? I thought prize dungeons like that were teleporter-proof, to keep that exact situation from occurring.
There's a key in there somewhere but I don't actually know how to get it.

Also there should be a way to fix the broken clown car. honk
Admiral jimbob Wrote:There's a key in there somewhere but I don't actually know how to get it.

Also there should be a way to fix the broken clown car. honk
Yes I've always said this. There should be a way to fix that damn clown car.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Can it? I thought prize dungeons like that were teleporter-proof, to keep that exact situation from occurring.
I've seen people running around with it in the first 10 or so minutes so I figured it was telescienced in unless there is another baton somewhere else?
KikiMofo Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Can it? I thought prize dungeons like that were teleporter-proof, to keep that exact situation from occurring.
I've seen people running around with it in the first 10 or so minutes so I figured it was telescienced in unless there is another baton somewhere else?

You can get it randomly in a syndicrate unless the wiki is a den of lies.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Admiral jimbob Wrote:Also there should be a way to fix the broken clown car. honk

We don't want too many people to know how to fix that car.
Clarks Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:
Admiral jimbob Wrote:Also there should be a way to fix the broken clown car. honk

We don't want too many people to know how to fix that car.
I know but make like parts for it a traitor item? I think that would be cool. Traitor item for grey suits, parts for the clown car and you have to have full clown gear to drive it.
Darth Various Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

You can get it randomly in a syndicrate unless the wiki is a den of lies.
Actually yeah I remember getting one of those one time. Might have been from that then.
oh boy, 10 posts, and nothing about the original idea. A sad fate.

To reiterate: really what I wanted is an alien pod to add a bit of variation in pod fights. Miniputts do, but not alot. The 3x2 omega drone (sp?) is another, but that's not there. Having a totally different looking pod with totally different technology would be cool. That require someone to sprite it, luckily I had that covered.
That and there really isn't many things like this in-game, particularly alien. Other servers have xenomorphs, we have martians. We should expand on this.