Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synthflesh Injection Idea
So, from what I've read, synthflesh does nothing in the blood, well, i think that for traitor chemists it could be a useful item to have, as some heart attacks are caused by buildup of plaque in the coronary artery so, technically, syntflesh could cause a heart attack, which could cause brute damage each cycle. The person would need surgery to recover from this and a shock or two may be required to keep them alive! This makes sense in my head so I'm going with it, because seriously, this would be fun for an emagged borg or traitor scientist to cause havoc with. I don't see too many ways this could be completely game ruining, besides mass injections so maybe a bit of brainwork would be required but hey, i think this is a start! Thanks for reading.
Heart attacks already exist in the game, and are caused by being in critical condition for too long, or someone dosing you with initropidril. I'd prefer it stay that way because once you start having heart problems in this game, unless you're next to someone with a shocking item, you're pretty much dead.

Maybe give synthflesh a bit of toxic damage if it's used as an injection instead, as the patient's immune system is rejecting the foreign biomass that's suddenly invading it or something. Like what we have for the dorks who eat styptic powder of silver sulfadiazine.
Cardiac Arrest is a really annoying thing in the game right now because once it starts it almost never stops and it just a shit fest of you being taken care of by a medical doctor for 10 minutes straight if they don't give up and bring you to genetics. I think it needs to be alittle less horrible but yeah having something easily give you a heart attack that is as easy to get as synthflesh would be alittle shit.
david2222121 Wrote:\Maybe give synthflesh a bit of toxic damage if it's used as an injection instead, as the patient's immune system is rejecting the foreign biomass that's suddenly invading it or something. Like what we have for the dorks who eat styptic powder of silver sulfadiazine.
Hey, Whatever works best for synthflesh injection for either the adminsor the coders is fine, but look down a bit for a solution to the problems with heart attacks...

KikiMofo Wrote:Cardiac Arrest is a really annoying thing in the game right now because once it starts it almost never stops and it just a shit fest of you being taken care of by a medical doctor for 10 minutes straight if they don't give up and bring you to genetics. I think it needs to be alittle less horrible but yeah having something easily give you a heart attack that is as easy to get as synthflesh would be alittle shit.
And the solution to this is when you are in cardiac which takes a time to happen because the blood cells must build up blockage in the artery is to perform the same operation as bullet removal, scalpel to the chest, then circular saw to cut the sternum (center of the ribcage), then scalpel to remove the blockage, a quick and easy fix if you're close enough to med. Shockers would just increase time until surgery is needed if someone is getting the tools.
There could also be various warning signs like *you find it hard to breathe!* *you feel dizzy!* *$NAME goes pale / you go pale!* *various "your X hurts!" messages* *you feel nauseous/ You vomit!* *various shivering and whimpering* Just so people can tell if you are sick or not.
Browser ate my alternative space cancer idea.

Basically a big scary disease that takes so long to hit the final, lethal, stage that the station or round end will always get you first.

Gives the doctors an opportunity to tell patients that they only have a few months to live, or an opportunity to apply questionable radiation therapy with the help of the geneticists.
Krisk Wrote:Basically a big scary disease that takes so long to hit the final, lethal, stage that the station or round end will always get you first.
Um, heh, yeah I'm... not okay with this. I'm open to ideas but your comment sort of scared me. My mum had cancer and it's a time i'd prefer not to remember, and your comment saying that it takes so long to reach the deadly part makes me go ehhhhhhhh... that and it won't kill anyone in time. If the coders go for it that's cool but i'm sort of no on this one.
So at first I thought: "Dude all I did was post a suggestion for an in-game disease in a thread about suggesting diseases for a game" and while I still kinda think that, I can totally see how it's really fuckin tasteless. Especially since it completely trivializes the disease, unlike the heart-attack etc.

So yeah frown

Sorry. I kinda know how it feels, so double sorry.

I guess an admin can edit that post out if they think it's too far over the line.
Hey man, no bad blood here. You said something i found uncool, and that's just what i think. When i posted that i thought about saying fuck it because it makes me sound whiny. Don't beat yourself up about it. You crossed no lines. So stop saying sorry, YOU COLD EVIL BASTARD. wink

Anyways, Thanks for stopping by everyone! I hope to see some more great suggestions from you guys! EXCEPT YOU KRISK. mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad wink
Glad to hear that embarrasment

sorry for apologizing too hard v