Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Command Pod Hanger
The command hanger/ar was made HoS access only because too many captains and HoPs were taking the entire damn budget and flying off into space with the armored pod to do god knows what, round after round.

Seeing how we have like five or six civilian pods that anyone can waltz up to and faff about with, I wouldn't mind reducing the access on it to Head level. Or the Security Hangar idea. That sounds awesome too.
Security hanger is a GREAT idea. I've always thought sec needed some thing to stop space based crime and a security hanger with sec pods that have sirens sounds like an awesome idea.
Do Sundances idea, except add in a new attachment for pods. Goes in the secondary slot, contains a harpoon/tow rope along with a siren. That way you can build a security pod with whatever armor you want on it, and still get a siren plus a tow rope.

Also, the tow rope should fire ridiculously slow, but automatically shut down the engines of whatever it hits indefinitely. That way, if you score a taser shot on a pod, you can hook it and not have to worry about it just flying off, or turning around and lasering the shit out of you while you're trying to get it back to base.

Last idea: Make the siren also irresistable to drones. To the point where it draws them in from a screen away, and they will always focus on anyone with an active siren, no matter what else is happening. Syndicate hates security!
Sundance Wrote:butts

Thing is, have you ever had a round ruined by a AI that has locked you down in a room that has literally NO WAY TO ESCAPE AT ALL? and then just leaves you there? I would say keep that wall destruction thing in, but make it so painstakingly slow that its not that viable to break out of the brig with the timer on cause the timer would be faster. and it gives people hope to escape from AI lockdowns that trap you. I would say that is a fair balance.
Lavastage Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:butts

Thing is, have you ever had a round ruined by a AI that has locked you down in a room that has literally NO WAY TO ESCAPE AT ALL?.

I have. I remember one round where I was stuck, naked in the mainframe room, the one room that hasn't a window anywhere. I managed to send a distress pda call off one of the computers.
Refer to: http://goonhub.com/maps/1
Actually notice, there's very little places where an ai can truly get you stuck. And if you manage to get stuck, naked without earphones or a pda, then either a) cry because the rogue ai is an diabolical asshole or b) adminhelp if the ai is not rogue because bolting somewhere in where you can't escape for all eternity is incredibly shit.
I could probably adjust the tractor beam thing to work against pods, how's that sound instead of a tow cable?

Also:

[Image: eHlMXzs.png]
Cogwerks Wrote:I could probably adjust the tractor beam thing to work against pods, how's that sound instead of a tow cable?

Also: *Really Awesome Picture*

Give the pods sirens and paint them red, and it would be perfect. Also give the pods faster engines, so we can pull people over for speeding, wiliest speeding ourselves, just like real cops Heh..