Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Security space suits?
Nadir has these diving suits for security that actually help a lot, I get its for the acid but what if security had their own snazzy red space suits on all maps? It would make it easier to deal with threats outside the station without having to scrounge around for one. Giving secoffs eva access would accomplish the same thing I think.
visually what would differentiate them from the syndicate space suit
Would be black suit insted.
Honestly I think this would be neat just for security identification on the antag's part (if people actually use them), but they'd need to be easily differenciated from the syndie suit like waffle brought up. This means a whole space suit sprite so really depends if someone wants to do that.
(02-14-2023, 09:10 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: visually what would differentiate them from the syndicate space suit

Looking at the typical eva suit sprites you could maybe color the outer areas around the hips red while making the center white, i feel black would make it start straying more towards syndi suits
Why not a dark blue Nanotrasen colour?
No from me. Security should have SOME downside.

Threats being able to escape into space is both intended and useful for antagonists.
If they were given anything, it should be maybe two or three bulky security themed suits that are kept in the armory.
(02-15-2023, 08:12 AM)Jakson Wrote: If they were given anything, it should be maybe two or three bulky security themed suits that are kept in the armory.

Agreed on keeping these armory-level. If sec has to deal with a very serious threat where combat in space or fully-depressurized part of the station is necessary (i.e. a changeling or blob), they should have some kind of effective armor option, but it shouldn't be available for use against any old criminal schmoe that's just camping out in space. (Security pods exist for that reason, by the way.)

Maybe limit it to there being 1-2 suits per map, so that there is still scarcity, and I'd opt to have them be equally strong (if not slightly weaker than) the standard Ballistic Vest + Security helmet combo.
(02-15-2023, 07:56 AM)Cal Wrote: No from me. Security should have SOME downside.

Threats being able to escape into space is both intended and useful for antagonists.

This just makes every officer (and honestly every validhunter/rampager) grab an industrial suit and just have zero slow down.

Being visible in space to the antag would be a good thing, and not John Doe the looks like everyone else guy. Security Space Suit would be identifiable so the antag can decide to run away or engage on their terms. Instead, you go for the miner and woah hey he has a stun shotgun and they point blank end your round.
(02-17-2023, 12:31 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 07:56 AM)Cal Wrote: No from me. Security should have SOME downside.

This just makes every officer (and honestly every validhunter/rampager) grab an industrial suit and just have zero slow down.

Being visible in space to the antag would be a good thing, and not John Doe the looks like everyone else guy. Security Space Suit would be identifiable so the antag can decide to run away or engage on their terms. Instead, you go for the miner and woah hey he has a stun shotgun and they point blank end your round.

I think security having to rely on station departments (in this case mining) for certain special situation is a good thing.

Same reason we don't give sec medbay equipment from the get-go.
They got pods, tho
Perhaps replace the emergency suits in security podbays with security-skinned emergency suits (red and white like Oshan suits). 

Most (all?) security podbays already have emergency suits. With security-coloured suits it implies these are "what you should be using" over normal/engineering/industrial space suits. 

Keeps security visible.