Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
[PR] Cuffs rebalance
(02-13-2023, 04:41 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Stackable Zipties like a security roll is what I call PURE GENIUS!
This makes Zipties better to dealing with crowds and easily lost where as cuffs are the real deal.
Can I also recommend that the Ziptieing is slightly faster then it is.. like 0.5 seconds faster or allow sec to zip tie multiplue people at once like Engineering can wrench multiplue objects.
Just abit more to incentivice use of it.

I can see Zipties being used more during group encounters where security has to tie people up fast alone without draining their baton/tazer/gun/flash to keep people down.

I do like this idea as well, considering people really don't like my current proposed changes ill change it to just making zip ties more vible. However, don't like making them even faster though again most stuns are 15sec+ from security you can easily cuff multiple people in succession.

(02-12-2023, 10:40 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: I just want cuffs to be removable while moving, needing a stun to stop. I hate how long it is. I feel they shut down too much
This was exactly my thoughts but it seems most think differently.
I sec all day. It takes half a second to stop someone uncuffing even without moving. A quick shove a bap a.flash a.toss.

That said thinking it over?

Lings get executed because we cannot cuff them. If someone is to hard to subdue, shoving them into the incinerator becomes alot more appealing

Making cuffing harder will.make executions more.common.
Personally I like the reduction in uncuffing time! I don’t think though if we have that reduction in how long it takes to uncuff though that we also should allow for being able to remove them while running. It seems to be a little too unfavorable for security if both options were done in conjunction. 
I think the time reduction however is a good option and fair to antags. 

Buuut, the zip ties idea is a lotta fun. I would love to see them be used more, and it kinda solves the cuff issue inherently if we put more focus on them since zips already take a shorter time to remove. If we can stack em it’s just a real handy little thing. More cuffs, still works for the intended use, feels like it’ll flow a lot better in game.
(02-14-2023, 06:46 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: I sec all day. It takes half a second to stop someone uncuffing even without moving. A quick shove a bap a.flash a.toss.

That said thinking it over?

Lings get executed because we cannot cuff them.  If someone is to hard to subdue, shoving them into the incinerator becomes alot more appealing

Making cuffing harder will.make executions more.common.

I had this same sentiment in an earlier post.

Nerfing cuffs will make people more willing to kill. Same if you weaken stunning.

While stun meta is ANNOYING,it allows room for escape..
Even with good cuffs and stunning... I've had a few shares where I killed an antag (allowed by HoS) despite being able to stun and cuff em.
One of em was an Arcfiend that kept slipping away before we could stun em. So the only moment I had with them where I could "Stun em and cuff em" I unloaded my Det lethals into him, now if he got away he would be critical and thus dieing when he would come out and unable to flee or dead.

So yea just like you said... if people get too slippery and annoying, sec will execute em rather then give em jail time.
I've had many who kept trying to shove their way out of a cell the moment I uncuff em.
Heck one got executed by the HoS cause his shennigans of shoving out of jail and trying to steal batons got so annoying. The HoS was like: "This guy is gonna be back after his setence right away.. just kill em."

So it's best to keep Sec as they are, cause if antags become more annoying for sec to deal propperly... the more like they will execute em faster. ESPECIALLY ON CLASSIC!
I think many people would actually like having more executions/use of lethals by sec.

Simply because lethals got far more counterplay and adaptability. Armor, mutations, actual effective chemicals, blocking. All things that are so laughable weak against stuns every non-traitor antag needs to have build-in stun resistance/cancelling to be actually able to not be shut down.

That is the main gripe with stun meta. People would rather be killed in an engaging fight they can properly prepare for than have it be ended by stuns.

But then you have people simply stunned and then killed while being stunned, which... ugh
I think this would be one of the best changes to make zipties viable alongside making them a bit of a lower cuff time. Irl its faster to apply zipties over handcuffs so I could see both changes being viable
(02-14-2023, 09:25 AM)Kotlol Wrote: While stun meta is ANNOYING,it allows room for escape..
Even with good cuffs and stunning... I've had a few shares where I killed an antag (allowed by HoS) despite being able to stun and cuff em.
One of em was an Arcfiend that kept slipping away before we could stun em. So the only moment I had with them where I could "Stun em and cuff em" I unloaded my Det lethals into him, now if he got away he would be critical and thus dieing when he would come out and unable to flee or dead.

Maybe on RP stuns allow room for escape, on classic if you are stunned and cuffed you are as good as dead if you don't have the capability to instantly break out of them