Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Clown mask doubling as an O2 mask.
Smile 
self explanatory, clown mask off is a disgrace, and sometimes clown needs o2 for a funny prank.
no its funnier that the clown has to endure this
clowns must suffer for their art, son.
This is just further proof that mimes are (and will always be) superior to clowns. No change is needed.
mimes should go into the garbage, actually
also let clowns smoke cigars through the mask frown ITS HARD FOR ME TO BE A COLD WAR ERA UNITED STATES ARMY LEADER ARGUING WITH NUKIES OVER THE PHONE WHEN I CANT SMOKE CIGARS!!!!
Another clown mask internals forum post

Whenever I argue that clown mask should act as internals I get told a lot about "just take a salbutamol pill" by a few admins, but at that point just cut out the middle man instead of some boring little side quest to steal all the salbutamol from a medical checkpoint, just so that you can act out some gimmick in a depressurized hallway because a non-antag broke a window. It WOULD be funny that the clown is choking to death, but you can't HEAR the clown because the clown can't SPEAK, so you miss out on any one-liners that a creative clown might come up with, because that's what actually makes a clown funny, the player. Forcing the clown away from players into maint (the only place there is oxygen when hallways are depressurized) just hides the clown from making meaningful interactions with other spessmen.

It's pointless to argue anyways, devs are adamant about this despite many creative and experienced clown mains arguing for it to enact sillier gimmicks for god's silliest soldiers.

At least make the syndicate clown mask 1TC and space proof, just so traitor clowns can be a little more traitorous without having to sink their entire budget into internals.
Ah yes the biannual clown mask O2 thread.
I'd be fine with with the syndie clown mask being a gas mask and getting a space suit if both where themed after the killer klowns and their shoe was changed to both the HoS and clown squeak at the same time
The cursed clown mask works as a gas mask and clowns can take it off and put it on all they want.
(02-15-2023, 11:08 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: The cursed clown mask works as a gas mask and clowns can take it off and put it on all they want.

I was about to mention this. Couldn't hurt to knock down the TC cost a little bit, though, maybe to 4 or something. (Might require reworking its abilities if you did make it cheaper, like giving it an action bar to put it on downed people.)
The clown mask’s functionality is awful, should be a 1TC item, requiring you to stun the victim to put the mask on, and others can remove it. Very weak damaging abilities.

It should be reworked to be a purely self-use item, protecting you from space, providing internals, and maybe we could add some cool mechanic later, but if it was just an item to be a fashion statement and internals, it should be 1TC, maybe 2

Referring to Syndicate Clown Mask btw
True the traitor clown mask shouldn't cost more than 2 tc. I know it can be forced on nonclowns and cant be removed but then you lose the mask unless you take it off them.
Clown as a Punishment role needs to die, Clown should be enjoyable and goofy, and any good clown should die goofy of their own free will. If the silly Horse Mask can work as an oxygen mask, I have no idea why the full face clown mask doesn't, or couldn't hide a breath mask under it.
Clown's sole purpose is a punishment/hardmode role, you can be silly without the funny outfit. removing its unique quirks turns it into a staff assistant with a stupid costume. the hard mode feature is to make sure that even the most competent spaceman in the universe can look like a stupid buffoon.

---

Kids these days, thinkin clowns are just a cutesy role. You disregard the years of clown college, the dedication to the craft. Back in my day clowns were fair game for beatings so long as you personally found it amusing. Only reason we stopped it was because the people beating the snot out of them weren't funny any more.

Not only that, you ignore the free clownsuit in the clown hole for cut rate clowns like yourself. You pick to be -specifically trained- in stupid incompetence. You want the prestigious salary and regalia of the hardest working staff on the station, but want them to lower their entry requirement - Change their craft to suit YOUR tastes? You ask the silliest people on board to make their job less silly, less pointless, less utterly confounding... So that you can focus on cute gimmicks? You signed up for a cheap plastic face piece with a folding wig, 3 foot long squeaky shoes, genetically engineered dyspraxia and you're complaining you can't wear life support?

Anyone can be silly, you don't even need to wear a clown suit. But if you wanna be A CLOWN, you better think about how good they already have it. Even as we speak I'm writing a formal letter to Nanotrasen to have your extra-long shoe soles ground thin & flat enough that you'll trip on broken glass and slip on water like lube.