Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Move chair buckling behaviour to /obj/stool
I figured a forum thread would be necessary since there are a few balance implications that come with implementing this idea.

Currently, you can buckle onto chairs. Chairs are stools, but not all stools are chairs. Buckling behaviour is inherited by all subtypes of chairs specifically. 

Thing is, I don't love being pushed off of bar stools and benches, and it'd be great if I could buckle into them as well. This would be pretty simple to add, but since chair buckling has some combat potential, I'm not sure if adding more places to chair-dive from into circulation would be a particularly amazing idea.

Also, bee beds count as stools. You'd be able to buckle to those, which is weird. Lemme know your thoughts.
I guess the biggest implication would be if chair-diving from a bar stool lets you break into the bar more easily, but from the looks of things it can't. I'd be fine with granting stools full chair-ness.
I kinda just see stools as less secure than chairs, since there's no back support. Nothing to keep you propped up.

Would be neat to have more things you can do with them though, like how you can fold up and pick up chairs.
Stools buckling stops you from being shoved when people walk over you... but if they shove you, you instantly fall down on the ground and lose stamina as a trade off.
Suddenly stools and benches are just another way to get farted in the face!
(02-11-2023, 09:36 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I kinda just see stools as less secure than chairs, since there's no back support. Nothing to keep you propped up.

Would be neat to have more things you can do with them though, like how you can fold up and pick up chairs.

just say the backs of them are invisible. space age future megastools. or alternatively, the buckle could be around the waist like a seatbelt designed to keep the occupant seated
I mean, i kinda see buckling as 'sitting down proper'. You can't tell me they have a car seat buckle on a random wooden chair or on a folding chair. I'm for this.