Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport Pad for Mechanics and Robotics?
I spend a lot of time as a miner, and I think half the fun is getting out and exploring once you got your top line gear built. There seems to be a lot of crates related to cyborgs and phasers, things that mechanics and roboticists love. Half the time however, the stuff I send back is left in the cargo bay. Not to mention both departments sometimes run into bottlenecks for their raw materials. I think a teleport pad for both the departments would be ideal.
Yes. I've thought for a long time that this needs to happen. To not have to trust those greedy fuckers in QM to get certain ores/supplies would be awesome.
Engineers don't even get a pod in their bay. Do you really think the devs care about those geeks? No.
Why not a communal teleport pad for everybody, that miners can send back? Like somewhere beside the warehouse, so it's not too far from mechanics or robotics. Like no staff assistant is going to trifle with robbing ores or robot attachments, so all a miner would would have to say is "Robotics delivered to telepad!" and that would be that.
If they want to sell it, then send it to QM. Also there really needs to be more mining shit that qm can buy so that QM telepad would be used for trade.
Sundance Wrote:Like no staff assistant is going to trifle with robbing ores or robot attachments
You don't know staff assistants very well then v
I am fully in support of a robotics telepad, though Robotics would need to be expanded because that shit is cramped as it is.
Quint Wrote:I am fully in support of a robotics telepad, though Robotics would need to be expanded because that shit is cramped as it is.
There is JUST enough room in the storage room for a telepad, though, if the telepod is put in there, then also put in a window next to it looking into the main room so that the roboticists can see if a crate came in.
McDogles Wrote:
Quint Wrote:I am fully in support of a robotics telepad, though Robotics would need to be expanded because that shit is cramped as it is.
There is JUST enough room in the storage room for a telepad, though, if the telepod is put in there, then also put in a window next to it looking into the main room so that the roboticists can see if a crate came in.

The whole storage room for robotics needs to be extended by a square or two. Its way to easy to get your self stuck in there.
McDogles Wrote:
But I put my crates in there after I empty them so they don't get in the way. Also if robotics gets sent MORE crates well where are we gunna put those? We need to have some more room.
KikiMofo Wrote:
McDogles Wrote:
But I put my crates in there after I empty them so they don't get in the way. Also if robotics gets sent MORE crates well where are we gunna put those? We need to have some more room.
Just move your empty crates to the warehouse like your 'appost to, you lazy nerd.
Never. I will continue being lazy and you can't stop me.
What if we add in a way to disassemble crates? Something like screwdriver, welder, crowbar? Turns the crate into sheet metal, which the roboticist can then dump in his recycler for more robo-parts! Do the same for Closets, too!
Captain_Bravo Wrote:What if we add in a way to disassemble crates? Something like screwdriver, welder, crowbar? Turns the crate into sheet metal, which the roboticist can then dump in his recycler for more robo-parts! Do the same for Closets, too!
Yes. I've always wanted a way to disassemble crates and lockers. I don't know why we never had that to begin with but I'd love to have it now.
Just wrenching them should disassemble them, like tables. At least for closets.

As for Robotics, you should really stuff the crates out back behind the restroom. But I agree, Robotics has been getting increasingly cramped over time. I usually disassemble the walls to the little storage room to make some breathing room, but that damn rwall is there for whatever reason frown
Do you guys think that Electronics is also cramped?