Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport Pad for Mechanics and Robotics?
I think if they made it able to take apart crates and lockers that they should only be able to disassemble when they are open otherwise people would be breaking into locked shit all the time.
hatmadder Wrote:
McDogles Wrote:
Quint Wrote:I am fully in support of a robotics telepad, though Robotics would need to be expanded because that shit is cramped as it is.
There is JUST enough room in the storage room for a telepad, though, if the telepod is put in there, then also put in a window next to it looking into the main room so that the roboticists can see if a crate came in.

The whole storage room for robotics needs to be extended by a square or two. Its way to easy to get your self stuck in there.

I've done that before. Took several minutes before a helpful borg was able to stop by and free me. So embarrassing.
Unfortunately, I don't think this is likely to happen. Electronics is close to the cargo bay anyway, and deliveries can be made through belt hell to a place fairly close to robotics. I asked about adding teleporter pads in the SA thread a while back, and the response I got from Dr. Cogworks was that you're supposed to use belt hell, because it's cooler. I'm sure another part of it is that it takes up about five percent of the station's area, so it'd be a shame to make it useless.
QP Evergrande Wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think this is likely to happen. Electronics is close to the cargo bay anyway, and deliveries can be made through belt hell to a place fairly close to robotics. I asked about adding teleporter pads in the SA thread a while back, and the response I got from Dr. Cogworks was that you're supposed to use belt hell, because it's cooler. I'm sure another part of it is that it takes up about five percent of the station's area, so it'd be a shame to make it useless.

Science and Medical even have a shared belt hell bay now attached to outer belt hell. No need to mingle with the plebs in the old Medsci dock.

Though, the problem in the OP is that miners have to either trust QM to be decent, use a pod, or pull their haul onto the mining shuttle to the main station (and then the closest belt bay they can access is the MedSci one anyway). I'd suggest one of these two:

1) A belt hell bay DIRECTLY adjacent to the Mining Shuttle on the main station. Judging by Wiremap, one could just punch out the eastern walls of the "shuttle bay" and put a bay there.

2) Give Mining a barcode computer and add a teleporter destination where the arriving crate is shunted onto Belt Hell. Probably in the Routing Depot somewhere.
Darth Various Wrote:2) Give Mining a barcode computer and add a teleporter destination where the arriving crate is shunted onto Belt Hell. Probably in the Routing Depot somewhere.

This is the correct answer.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Darth Various Wrote:2) Give Mining a barcode computer and add a teleporter destination where the arriving crate is shunted onto Belt Hell. Probably in the Routing Depot somewhere.

This is the correct answer.

This is ideal
I think mining already has a barcode computer, so that's half done.
I'm a big fan of the mineral accumulator as well, so I thought a teleport pad might have been best. Why does the Art Lab pad exist by the way?
Large artifacts can apparently be teleported with cargo transporters.
So a belt hell for sales from mining and a belt hell bay for robotics sounds good.
Cargo Transporters don't seem to work on large artifacts.
Amuys Wrote:Cargo Transporters don't seem to work on large artifacts.
I can confirm this. Found one as a miner the other day and tried to teleport it with my cargo transporter. All I did was hit it. And yes, I did set the destination to the art lab.
Yeah, artlab's teleport seems to serve no function currently, so it would be nice to have it in Robotics instead.
Well, you can also send them crates with smaller artifacts in.
Handheld artifacts aren't as common as they were before.