Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make money more useful
Money to print items at fabricators.
Money to dispense chemicals from chem-dispensers.
Money to dispense things from the vendtek dispensers.
Negative money to put things in the recycler. Not a lot, just enough to support the detective's alcoholism as he goes around stripping the station of floor tiles.

Add station funds budget where all this money will go. Also allow HoP/Captain to set negative wages please.
Density Wrote:Money to print items at fabricators.
Money to dispense chemicals from chem-dispensers.
Money to dispense things from the vendtek dispensers.
Negative money to put things in the recycler. Not a lot, just enough to support the detective's alcoholism as he goes around stripping the station of floor tiles.

Add station funds budget where all this money will go. Also allow HoP/Captain to set negative wages please.

I don't think we should be seeing chemists and mechanics spending money on their own fabricators and dispensers, but the idea of having public vending machines, dispensers, fabricators, etc that use money to make exotic things or things that you couldn't get elsewhere is a good one.
I don't think making the recyclers/fabricators take money is too good of an idea, but money definitely needs more use. Right now there's basically three things to do with it; buy nearly-useless snacks, purchase some tools from one of the vendors, and stealing/getting a ton of it for the super-expensive pod stuff. (Oh, and traitor objectives.)

Maybe some more vendors for specialty/gimmick clothing/items would be useful, with higher prices? Or purchases for upgraded tools like an all-in-one reagent/health scanner? You could even buy one as a Mechanic and sell scanned/rebuilt ones for cheaper to undercut the vending machines.

You could even have things like a self-service Genetics scanner with one or two reserved clones... and the highest bidders get them! Or a Self-Cyborg station that charges $1000 a pop but turns the person stuffed into it into a Cyborg (or $2500 for a medium borg, or $5000 for a heavy-head treads-borg, etc.).... or a self-service healing station, pay up and it heals you for 1 point of damage per $10 or something.

Related suggestion: Make credit transfer devices say the amount transferred instead of the new total in an account. e.g. "Pubbie Jones's card has been debited $400" or something.
But I want to mug science nerds for their money and make them cry.
ive brought up a shopkeeper idea a couple times but basically there should be a job where someone can purchase supplies like tools or insulated gloves and sell them at a set price in a more secure store place (although gangs can totally do holdups and robberies)
Zamujasa Wrote:I don't think making the recyclers/fabricators take money is too good of an idea, but money definitely needs more use. Right now there's basically three things to do with it; buy nearly-useless snacks, purchase some tools from one of the vendors, and stealing/getting a ton of it for the super-expensive pod stuff. (Oh, and traitor objectives.)

Maybe some more vendors for specialty/gimmick clothing/items would be useful, with higher prices? Or purchases for upgraded tools like an all-in-one reagent/health scanner? You could even buy one as a Mechanic and sell scanned/rebuilt ones for cheaper to undercut the vending machines.

You could even have things like a self-service Genetics scanner with one or two reserved clones... and the highest bidders get them! Or a Self-Cyborg station that charges $1000 a pop but turns the person stuffed into it into a Cyborg (or $2500 for a medium borg, or $5000 for a heavy-head treads-borg, etc.).... or a self-service healing station, pay up and it heals you for 1 point of damage per $10 or something.

Related suggestion: Make credit transfer devices say the amount transferred instead of the new total in an account. e.g. "Pubbie Jones's card has been debited $400" or something.

This would be cool, you could combine a lot of this with my VENDOMAT idea in an unused area of the station like the merchant shuttle dock (which has shop stalls already) by shrinking the actual dock part.
Density Wrote:But I want to mug science nerds for their money and make them cry.
Chike's Professional Course to be a rude dude while not being a traitor

Step 1: Acquire the Russian Revolver from the bartender.
Step 2: Acquire a menacing outfit.
Step 3: Walk up to whoever you feel has the most money and demand it, with the gun drawn.
~Depending On Results~
Step 4: Whine about them not giving you their money, then repeat all of the above on someone else.
OR
Step 4: Let loose your best evil cackle, run off, and start counting your new stack of pocket cash.
Chike101 Wrote:
Density Wrote:But I want to mug science nerds for their money and make them cry.
Chike's Professional Course to be a rude dude while not being a traitor

Step 1: Acquire the Russian Revolver from the bartender.
Step 2: Acquire a menacing outfit.
Step 3: Walk up to whoever you feel has the most money and demand it, with the gun drawn.
~Depending On Results~
Step 4: Whine about them not giving you their money, then repeat all of the above on someone else.
OR
Step 4: Let loose your best evil cackle, run off, and start counting your new stack of pocket cash.
Or just push them down, fart on them and take off their ID card. That would be GLORIOUS.