Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
[MERGED PR] Health implants no longer send the coords of the implantee.
(02-22-2023, 11:31 AM)Cheffie Wrote: I feel like this is a flawed way to think about this, ambushing security without overwhelming force or stun weapons will probably still result in the person you trying to ambush winning. Especially if you rely on health alerts which will bring most if not all of the security team to you.
Not to mention with on demand alerts and the shear strength of stun weapons making getting someone in a position like that in the first place too much effort and risk to bother with, unless its solely for RP.

That's why you only set up ambushes with high preparation. (Yes, explosives are the most straightforward way to do it...)

I also had huge sucess with a garden of botany plants.
I'll just add this thought to the pile.

"I want to be able to kill security, without being caught or security swarming me to stop me"

Aka: "I want to end someone's play time without them ending my play time."

That's just it when you try to kill other players.. It's "ending their shift time" for "your own antagging time"

And yes cloning and such are in place to bring em back.. but this is the risk you take.

Killing Staffy number 9 doesn't yield a lot of useful tools that can hellp your antagging, but taking out the anyone who has more value, will be harder cause that's the risk reward factor.

So with those things added.. you know WHY certain things is as they are.
fighting security is risk/reward.

security gear is extremely rewarding and extremely powerful.

fighting security should be, similarly, extremely risky.

there are, on average, 40-80 other people on the station, who are not part of security, have no tracking, and often have no cloner record. you can easily take most of those people on and win.

and this ignores the easy shit. "ambushing is hard." drop a banana peel in front of the doorway and watch security show up, slip, and drop their weapon/baton.
(02-22-2023, 03:04 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: fighting security is risk/reward.

security gear is extremely rewarding and extremely powerful.

fighting security should be, similarly, extremely risky.

there are, on average, 40-80 other people on the station, who are not part of security, have no tracking, and often have no cloner record. you can easily take most of those people on and win.

and this ignores the easy shit. "ambushing is hard." drop a banana peel in front of the doorway and watch security show up, slip, and drop their weapon/baton.

Exactly. Security should be "HARD TO KILL"

While in a current Stun Meta topic I am saying "Stun needs more counterplay"

The health implants should remain untouched, removable somehow or blocked somehow by any antag who's WILLING to put in some heavy planning.
But touching those implants right away? No. If you do that.. it will only increase other complaints.

The banana peel example is great thinking. Trust me that the average clown who knows their peeling will steal sec's stuff like it's nothing.
But when you steal their stuff.. you have another huge "BLIP" on your head with their pinpointers.
Slips are just also hard stuns though which is why they are so strong
Removing the coordinates is a good idea, now when a secoff gets spaced you can just clone them and have them tell you where they went. I think this is a good change as long as it still tells the general location.
NGL, I've never had anyone use the coords to find me or my corpse as HoS as figuring out coords tends to be cumbersome
(02-25-2023, 12:12 AM)mralexs Wrote: NGL, I've never had anyone use the coords to find me or my corpse as HoS as figuring out coords tends to be cumbersome

I am pretty much on this. If it says Space "Coords" most security officers already give up and those who don't are busy recovering a body for atleast 5 mins alligning coordinates and hoping the body hasn't moved till then.

On station Coordinates also makes it though since that requires every sec officer to have a space gps and using it to track where they are and where these coordinates are. Wich takes time.. so most just head into that area and hope to find something.

I think with removing coordinates they want to see: "Remove location"
(02-25-2023, 06:02 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 12:12 AM)mralexs Wrote: NGL, I've never had anyone use the coords to find me or my corpse as HoS as figuring out coords tends to be cumbersome

I am pretty much on this. If it says Space "Coords" most security officers already give up and those who don't are busy recovering a body for atleast 5 mins alligning coordinates and hoping the body hasn't moved till then.

On station Coordinates also makes it though since that requires every sec officer to have a space gps and using it to track where they are and where these coordinates are. Wich takes time.. so most just head into that area and hope to find something.

Can't you just input the coordinates into a space gps and it tracks you to the location?
(02-25-2023, 06:32 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 06:02 AM)Kotlol Wrote:

Can't you just input the coordinates into a space gps and it tracks you to the location?

Yes but then everyone needs to use a SPACE GPS. And those are limited and also used by science.. so... yea. While you can do it. Most security members do not carry a space gps.
You don't need a space gps to find cords on station, considering you can compare the given cords with the cords on your pda's gps to find it. You also can locate cords quickly in space if you just enter them into the pods radar, considering it gives you a green arrow pointing to the cords location.