Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VENDOMAT - remotely stocked vending machine
This would be an empty vending machine. You would tag items with a bar code of your name and the right price, and send them to the machine via the mail system. When people bought things from it, you would get the money. Thus, mechanics, botanists, QM, robotics, etc could sell their manufactured goods for profit.
Oh wow that's a fucking neat idea
think of how much fun stuff you could do with that
Holy yes. Awesome.
Another idea to go with it would be the blueprint printer. Mechanics could send it blueprints (their scanner would eat them thus decongesting the process, I think fabricators should consume them too so they don't accumulate) and it would print them, so they didn't have to stock the vendomat with a ton of blueprint copies to sell.

Another idea for an "information product" would be to have it have an automatic chemical/beverage dispenser. Chemistry or the bartender or whoever could send it a recipe and people would be able to fill a glass for a price. This would only use the standard chem and barman dispenser chemicals of course but you could have it sell shots of thermite or whatever maybe.
Maybe you could even hook it up to a vending fabricator, though you'd also have to supply it with bar coded crates of minerals and tracking who owned what materials in it might be too hard.
Let us stock vending machines with anything from robots to clothing! Better yet, allow us to also stuff and sell people and borgs with vending machines. Imagion making the crew pay you a shitload of money to free the captian from a cola machine.
epicdwarf Wrote:Imagion making the crew pay you a shitload of money to free the captian from a cola machine.

Im almost certain that would NEVER happen. Id wager that the crew would pay ten times more for George, than any captain.
yes

yes

yes

this would be fun as hell.
Shit. All the things that could be accomplished.

Traitors selling their cool shit for that 25380 objective. Ransom of shit. HoP's who fuck off into space who leave IDs of varying access for sale. Those are only the things that popped into my head just after I read the idea.
Emagging the machines should let you rename whatever you put inside it. So somebody walks up to a vending machine filled to the brim with "Electrical Gloves", and when they put their card inside and hit vend a double-emagged securitron pops out.
Shit got too reel for me. yes