Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Give HoP Wrestler powers behind the HoP desk
Similar to /tg/s CQC Chef. HoP has had a history of people hopping the desk to get AA and sec doing nothing about it, so I feel this would mitigate that
I would love being able to roundhouse kick staffies out of my office
Try to avoid putting /tg stuff in Goon. Goon prefers being it's own thing.

Besides you have a flash as a HoP. use it against Staffies and don't have your ID in your office and no one can get AA.
(01-29-2023, 05:31 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Try to avoid putting /tg stuff in Goon. Goon prefers being it's own thing.

This isnt a /tg/ thing. It's SIMILAR to what Chef has on TG, but with entirely different reasoning behind it
(01-29-2023, 05:31 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Try to avoid putting /tg stuff in Goon. Goon prefers being it's own thing.

We also got the tendency to restrict ourself for no reason because /tg puts everything in als half-assed ideas. While "like in /tg" provoces allergic reactions around here, doesn't mean we can get inspred by that server. Just maybe add that stuff cleaner designed and thus functioning differently.

Having that said, i'm not a fan if the idea. It just doesn't make sense and is a reaction to a skill issue. Besides, we tr, to restrict magic BS to sruff which require work/antag to aquire.
Maybe not with full fledged antag powers but I like the idea.
Better option, just update all the HOP desks to have a glass window to stop desk-hoppers.
(01-30-2023, 08:14 AM)zcrow Wrote: Better option, just update all the HOP desks to have a glass window to stop desk-hoppers.

I think this + flash + don't leave your ID in the computer = Enough deterant.
If someone really wants to do this, they better be prepared and robust the HoP.
But since this is a VERY OBIVIOUSLY SEEN CRIME and mostly "RIGHT NEXT TO SECURITY"
I think this is 100% fine.

Most maps have the HoP's office have sliding glass windows with only two maps that come to mind where it doesn't.

But basicly HoP has ENOUGH ways to deter desk hoppers. If anything... without glass the desk hopper with an aware HoP will have to deal with:
- A flash (if not give the HoP a flash, I do remember them having one)
- An ID to steal off HoP.
- Making sure the HoP doesn't call for security who's on most maps RIGHT NEXT TO CUSTOMS.
- Getting to switch done before security arrives.

If anything most likely the person doing this against a skilled HoP will reveal themselves since the HoP can see wich ID goes in.

Well enough of this topic. Just give the HoP a flash and a glass window and it's 100% fine. After that it's the HoP's own fault for not being prepared. And antags are suppose to thrive off imcompetent crewmates.
ngl to you, Ive been HoP quite alot and Its very easy to beat Desk hoppers just yellow hand them as they go on the table It literally fixes the issue and deters people from trying.

Oh and as mentioned why leave your ID inside the Console?

Just dont be oblivious.

While I understand and agree with this, I feel like this isn't exactly a "creative" decision more than a minor QoL thing.
There's a difference I feel between "Put slimes in the server" and "give HoP more options to defend themselves while doing their jobs".

That said people have provided solutions for the average AA seeking asshole, up to and including "Just don't leave your card in the computer".
add monowire filaments above the tables

hop knows where they are so they don't cut themselves up
i think it's got merit. HoP used to have an egun but theyd just piss off and vigilante, this is an incentive for them to stay at their desk.
(01-30-2023, 10:01 AM)Kotlol Wrote: - A flash (if not give the HoP a flash, I do remember them having one)

They do, they spawn with one in their pocket and there's one in their locker

Anyway, all good points here, while I would again love to roundhouse kick a staffie out of my office, I can just beat them up the old fashioned way...

... with a bat.

Also, to add on to things, since we're on the topic of HoP and AA, if you're keen on hacking your fabs, instead of making an AA ID for yourself, you can just get the unlimited access implant and give it AA, so if someone nicks your ID but doesn't use it to upgrade their own, they only have basic HoP access; or even downgrade it so it only unlocks the ID computer, just make sure to make a spare and lock it away incase someone DOES nick it
I don't know about full wrestler powers but giving the HoP a skill near ID computers that lets them yeet people over tables for some brute damage and stun seems like a fun idea.

Dunno where this is coming from. This is not nor has ever been the case.

If you have a suggestion, make it. Don't derail it like this.