HoS application - Tim Becker
Usual character name: Tim Becker, possibly might play as Mark Boller(blind sec guy)
BYOND username: Maniacer
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Maniac#3437
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon3

Reason for application:
I applied almost a year ago and my application was declined due to lack of response. So I'm applying again.
I still want to try myself as a true security leader. I also want to see how others react to my playstyle once I play as HoS. Wonder if I could think about some gimmicks as NTSO as well.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19080
I could copy paste what I wrote in previous application, but nah. Those still apply of course, but I played between then and now, so I guess I'll add some stuff that happened during that time.

I made multiple breaks from the game. Met new people when I played, new ways to play the sec.

The big thing that happened between my applications was my, I'd say, "love" to being undercover security officer. I played it a lot and tried different ways out. Even made a guide that's pinned on persistent boards in security rooms up to this day, which I'm kinda proud of. Once I even managed to convince another HoS to think that I'm just an ordinary civilian and he was surprised when I shown him my badge.

A lot of shifts passed. Learned new stuff(can you even learn everything in this game?). Had some shifts with armory being used well and from them I learned how important it is to coordinate the usage of weapons. It can easily turn into a mess and I bet every RP HoS knows it.

Experimented with new characters as well. Raphael Salamander the skeleton sec guy who likes to leave his head on the desk and sit with his body somewhere else. Mark Boller the blind sec guy which is really interesting experience but requires knowledge of the ship so you have some sort of way of moving by yourself.

Right now I'm planning to get back into the game, so people can recognize/remember me and learn more about. I wonder if someone still remembers me.

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players?
Don't be afraid to ask about stuff you don't know.
Starting your career from assistant position is good, as you have less stuff to access and you can learn them slowly.
In busy shifts, asking for a patrol partner is a good idea, as you have another person to talk/roleplay with and learn + get to know each other.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
This one is not going to change https://streamable.com/32saff

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
Not in game, but rather here. Move the HoS app(and maybe other apps as well) to Discord. I know it can completly replace the forum thing, which is kinda old form of communication. Discord has a lot of fucntions, especially developed in the past year or two.
How could it benefit security? I bet more people are active on Discord than on the forum, so applications will be visible to broader audience and more people might answer if certain person deserves to be a HoS or not, also security-specific channel to talk about sec stuff, ask questions, maybe have easy access to guides.
Could also create a seperate channel for other jobs. Also suggestions and other stuff would be more visible and possibly gather more opinions.

About the game itself, sadly I forgot the one I had in my mind related to two-handed guns. However there's so much stuff in this game that there's a possibility it's already implemented.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Once I did a "security academy", where I took willing candidates and took them over some stuff. I did obstacle course, self defense training and... well, couldn't continue because we had a murderer on the ship and I decided to assist in that case. It was fun, I want to make something like this again, on a bigger scale and engage more officers than just myself.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
I think both of your applications are well-presented and seem to demonstrate a good understanding of Security's role and an appreciation for the duties and impact a HoS has on the shift. On the merits of the application alone, I'd wager you would conduct yourself very well.

Likely a timezone thing (as I play in the late evening EST), but I'm not sure I've crossed paths with you often/at all so I can't give a good recommendation.

I do wish you the best and regardless of the result, wish you the best and hope that you can get your hands wrapped around the coveted vodka bottle soon!
I haven’t seen this person probably ever (because I main goon one) but he sounds like a good person to be a HOS, they show good understanding of the sec role, invents new ways of playing sec I haven’t even thought of before, they show capable leadership but seems open to accepting fellow officers as equals and listening to their problems/ideas.

+1

(04-27-2023, 06:45 PM)deathrobotpunch Wrote: I haven’t seen this person probably ever (because I main goon one) but he sounds like a good person to be a HOS, they show good understanding of the sec role, invents new ways of playing sec I haven’t even thought of before, they show capable leadership but seems open to accepting fellow officers as equals and listening to their problems/ideas.

+1

Reread the ap and I recommend getting back into the game sooner as being accepted as HOS but not actively playing is usually a thing that people don’t like
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!