Marvin Aderman/Sockssq
(05-12-2023, 11:29 AM)nefarious6th Wrote: I think you're mostly very nice. I haven't been taught by you but I know you're out there teaching and training. You're usually pretty involved and interactive and tag and make rounds more fun for everyone. maybe my personal bias, but you're a jack-of-all-trades and in and out of every department with frequency, so you meet a lot of players doing a lot of different things where they're at and help them out, which I think is great.

I wouldn't say this is something I think is a dealbreaker or needs to hold you back because it's in the minority of rounds I play with you and I think you're a good candidate for a mentor, but it's something to maybe be aware of:

Very rarely and specifically when certain people are playing, I will try to interact with you and be told to go away because I'm not your main focus for the round. It's fine to have friends you like to play with or a gimmick running, but if someone shows interest or tries to engage and your first response is to say something like "I wasn't talking to you", it can be kind of harsh and seem exclusive. I think there are more graceful ways you can balance maintaining your gimmick or RP with handling unplanned attention or spontaneous interactions.

Thank you for calling me out for this and again, I'll be honest. I know that I have done this before because I know I can be sometimes harsh with my words and I can come off as rude when they are said. It is something that I can improve on and I am willing to improve on! I have been trying to improve on this and widen my interactions to everyone and I've been trying to get better at gimmicks in general. If you have a few ideas on how I may improve I would enjoy a private dm on anywhere you'd like to give me them. Please if you feel hurt by something I said- LOOC and call me out.
no hard feelings about it, socks. you already seem to have an awareness and I believe you when you say you're trying to be mindful of it and working on it.

I still greatly enjoy when I do interact with you, and wish you the best on this app.
I have thought a long time about this. I think you're super close. I've seen marked improvement. But my biggest issues is one: you get very meta whiney when caught as an antag, and two: I've seen you actively speaking on some Twitch streams while in game interacting with the streamer in game.

I have been taught by you before. I have seen growth from you. I just wanna see a tiny bit more care and I'm sure you'd do great.
(05-13-2023, 09:54 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: I have thought a long time about this. I think you're super close.  I've seen marked improvement.  But my biggest issues is one: you get very meta whiney when caught as an antag, and two: I've seen you actively speaking on some Twitch streams while in game interacting with the streamer in game.

I have been taught by you before. I have seen growth from you. I just wanna see a tiny bit more care and I'm sure you'd do great.

I can easily improve on these, thanks for commenting. Sometimes I don't realize I'm being whiney at all but most of the time I realize afterwards and I feel like shit for being like that.
While we appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, at this time we believe you would not be a good fit as a Goonstation mentor. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!