Mentor App- eggcereal (Litol Guy, Aiden Caster)
+0.5 from me, I think. quincy is very respectful, friendly, and kind, and also has some good know-how from almost every department. I don't doubt that he'd be able to guide people through things well, but I do think there's some areas for improvement before I'd personally give him the full +1

what I'd like to see is a bit more initiative casually offering help to people, I suppose. it's absolutely good not to impose with your help - allowing people to learn at the paces and in the styles they like is a key part of effective mentoring - but I get the sense that you overcorrect sometimes, and leave people to their own devices if they don't take the initiative in asking for help. nothing wrong with tossing someone a little "hey, everything going alright?" if they seem lost! being a new player in a game like this can come with anxieties about experienced players judging you, especially if they're in crowds, so helping break that ice can be a nice skill for a mentor to have

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mentor App- eggcereal (Litol Guy, Aiden Caster) - by Waffleloffle - 01-28-2023, 11:43 PM