Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.17 Average
Remove/nerf/change menders + hypospray suggestion
(01-28-2023, 04:41 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 02:00 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I actually am for this reason an fan of the removal of pharmacy. Medbay got science, botany, QM, heck even the bartender to make them chems. I would like to come in and get told "sorry, help yourself, we are out of chems"

Same Pharmacy is suppose to be just this: "The place where medicine is stored"
Other wise it's just another chem-sci spot...

I seen several times (not common), to see borgs and doctors just do chemsci and not treating patients.
I even seen a "pharmacist" ignore a dieing patient I carried in, no other doctor was at hand and I had to do it myself as the detective to make sure they didn't die.
Then again that pharmacist may been afk.

Eitherway... I see no point for doctors to dive into chem-sci. Just remove it. Have it be the place where you can get menders/beakers of chemicals and such.
And just have it be the place pharmacists will give medicine or something.

Also it gives Chem-sci something to do with the chemical orders and makes Science and Medbay communicate again.

I know we're a bit off-topic here, but I'd be willing to support a removal of the pharmacy's ability to make chems. However, I'd be against their ability to extract chems from other things, such as produce. If medbay has its own ChemDispenser and heater/cooler, then an experienced chemist medic can supply medbay with nearly any medication they need - great if the Science department is incompetent, but that cuts out any need to interact with science or the other departments for supplies, which sorta stinks. However, if a botanist or the like comes down to botany with a load of produce, being unable to extract that produce into useful chems in Medbay would pose a real problem, or at least be a massive inconvenience. (Not helped by the fact that it's way easier to transport large amounts of produce then it is an equivalent amount of chems from said produce, and that many plants have more than one useful drug in them that Medbay might want to extract selectively.) 

Anyways, I think menders are OK - the cost of making them was already increased in the past as a nerf. I might suggest making Hyposprays slightly more readily available to non-medical personnel (perhaps as a hidden option from hacked medical vendors), both because it give antags another fun tool to work with once emagged and helps regular crewmembers with healing chems act as supplementary doctors. That would help "level the playing field" in terms of a regular crewmember's ability to heal while still giving medical personnel more effective equipment in the menders.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove/nerf/change menders + hypospray suggestion - by RelentlessGarbage - 01-28-2023, 06:13 AM